50 yrs. of Hardins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 yrs. of Hardins.

These are the best of 50 yrs. of hunting. All are PFs but the upper right in the small frame. A hunting buddy found it the same day I found a nice snyder. He is a snyder addict and I am a hardin nut so we made a trade after we did a clean-up. The one at the upper left of the small frame I found last fall on a gravel bar. It was already numbered it has a 6 or a 9 in it and what looks like an H but it is an inclusion in the stone,, kinda cool finding them already numbered. The 8th one in the large frame 14 pcs. is 3.931" and the center horizontal one in the small frame 8 pcs. is 3.190" All from IA, IL and MO. Have probably 4 times this many if counting brokes

So many of the sites where these were found are now posted so now am limited to creek hunting considering the posted signs and not being able to walk rough plowed fields and no till plowing. Doubt there will be many more additions But still have several gravel bars and creeks so am hoping.
    SE IA

Wow, those are great. I hope I'm able to amass that many in my hunting career.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

WOW! Those are awesome! And you have so many... I guess that point type is common out there? Very nice!
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

You're making me drool! Very nice
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Wow yu had good fortune kicking dirt...good for you ..that's an awesome collection....my favorite is the one in the single frame
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

They are nice, Thanks.
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice collection to say the least
                South Dakota

Comment

That is an awesome frame of Midwest points. Those must have been found before modern farm machinery took over the land. Really nice collection there.
                  The chase is better than the catch...
                  I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Very nice collection. 👍

Comment

Very impressive group of Hardins, especially considering that they are personal finds.

Comment

Originally posted by BabaORiley View Post
                        That is an awesome frame of Midwest points. Those must have been found before modern farm machinery took over the land. Really nice collection there.
                        Yes prior to posted sites and no til. 80% were found prior to 1985 or 90, the good old days. I think I have found 3 in the last 30 or so yrs. Just not like it used to be. So many of the sites have been sold to the large farm conglomerates and now posted. At one time I had 40+ sites in the 3 state area and now down to 3 local sites and a couple creeks. Just not worth driving an hour to find a old site newly posted. Still hope for just 1 more hardin. Or at this point anything whole.
                        SE IA

Comment

I just saw this post old rocks . First off what a group of Artifacts you have there . Really impressive . I love the stories of what it was like back then and I kick myself thinking I should have been looking 50 years ago while camping . Those little duvals I pulled out of that site . An old timer said his brother and him hauled 5 lb buckets of points out of there 50 years ago .
                          I feel blessed we can still pick a few .

Comment

Jethro are you seeing that last one and the lithic ??

Comment

• oldrocks2
                              oldrocks2 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Just curious, is there something special on the lithic type. I thought it was Burlington
                          Working...
                          X