Got one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got one

I went to the cornfield today...30 degrees with the wind whipping...frozen ground but found this poor little point. Real ruff shape but I like it...finding a point here in CT. In December is not easy
    SW Connecticut

Way to stick out the weather to find it!
    South Dakota

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Gary.. I gotta get the Carharts.out I just wish they were still made here in America... I know there's many more artifacts showin

Way to go, Red! Cornfields aren't easy to hunt after the harvest, add in that cold and wind and that makes for a tough hunt. That's a good little reward for getting out in the elements! I like the looks of that field, nice and rocky.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Andrew ..I wasn't dressed right I gotta get the carharts out.... there's millions of rocks showing....rained like crazy over the weekend ...now it's heaved up from freezing....so I'll be back .... haha

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like that field is ripe for the picking! I love it when the fields start to wash down and settle. Weather is about the same here, just not as cold yet but it'll be here soon. I'll have to start doubling up on the socks and get the gloves and facemask out soon. Be careful out there man.

Hey Red, That is a beautiful quartz point.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron...it's like a little knife. With that left edge angled....is this quartz hard to knapp?

Great looking point Red congratulations! It sure is some pretty quartz.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks brother.. the more I look at it ...it is some of my higher quality quartz. ....and I got a lot...of quartz points

You rescued the poor thing from the cold! Great job/find!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks KP....you make me laugh with your wit and sense of humor.....I hadda rescue it ...it's a baby point

You got some great peepers on you Red. I'd have walked right by that one. Nice insitu's to. Always love those quartz points. You just reminded me that I have to talk to the guy down the hill who just cleared his corn field about hunting his property. Thanks for the reminder.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chuck..yes cornfield have proven to be be very good round here. Especially when there's a water source nearby like this field has s nice brook/river down in the back

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately this field is on the high side of the creek but I don't think it's ever been hunted so there's some potential there. I don't mind walking the fields - it gets me out of the house and some exercise and - there's always the off chance that something might pop up - Ya know.

Good eyes, Red. Never easy at this time of year, either. Wait till the ground is frozen solid. We guys have one method to warm the ground and rescue points when that becomes the case, lol. That's a nice quartz point, good score!
    Rhode Island

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Charlie...I know you mean the thermos of coffee... Haha...I know what you mean

WTG Red ! Love a score ! Your tough looking in the cold ! JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JJ it's just a crude little quartz point but I love em all....when I grow up I wanna find lots of flint like you haha

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Your gonna find em because your tough and determined !

Super find in the conditions, your tougher than I am for sure. Would have to take a snow shovel to the fields here now. Good job.
    SE IA

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks OR...yeah it's cold but that field has a billion rocks showing. I gotta get back soon before it's covered

Nice point red . Really I just love quartz .
    Bundle up and get some exercise and mental relaxation . People tend to stay in when it’s cold .

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tam it's a cool little quartz point l...like you said it's reenergizing and cold buy good. For the mind too.!

Originally posted by redrocks View Post
    I went to the cornfield today...30 degrees with the wind whipping...frozen ground but found this poor little point. Real ruff shape but I like it...finding a point here in CT. In December is not easy
    Sweet little point Red. I hope many more come your way. I use a screwdriver to help pop them out in the frozen ground just dont get to close to them go all around the edges to get the dirt loose.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Thanks Glenn ....I might get back there today....but busy...I put a fuel pump in 98 Merc.,.my evaporator fan died in fridge ...now my Jeep is leaking antifreeze......I just wanna go to the field...hahaha
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
      X