From the same field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the same field

Hello friends - I managed to get out a couple of times this past week, before Snowpocalypse came to NC. I got very lucky and found several different point types, all in the same field. Durham County. From left to right - small Decatur or Palmer, maybe? Then some sort of Morrow Mountain? Broken Pickwick? Broken Guildford-Yuma? And finally a very broken Kirk. Plus a couple pieces of very worked quartz which might have been tools or even points. Always open to advice/guidance on point types, if anyone has input! Thanks so much!
    Central North Carolina

Great finds HikerGalNC I really like the little Palmer! Yea snowpocalypse really got us bad here in the mountains been chainsawing all day. Thanks for showing!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• HikerGalNC
      HikerGalNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Sugaree! We only had about 5 inches of snow here in southwest Wake County today, and raining now. How about you?

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      I got 18 inches but some places near me got more then two feet. Supposed to snow another three inches tonight. Trees down everywhere.

• HikerGalNC
      HikerGalNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that's huge! Way too early this winter. Please be careful, don't take any chances with those trees!

Great finds! Glad to see somebody still getting points before the whole permafrost, snowmagedon, cold icy winter thing. That snow storm just missed me. I like the color variety you have too.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Looks like a great day, HikerGalNC! Interesting selection.
      We ended up with a few inches here and still sleet-n-freezing rain.
      Just enough mess ta keep me cooped up at home.. d:^)
      Lexington to the Sortof Southernmost Uwharries of NC. Jake..

Comment

Nice selection of points
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Great scores ! I sent that snow your way from here...We are still covered in snow....JJ
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Nce finds. Looks like you have a great place to hunt. Congrats on the finds
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice finds hiker your doin good
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Agree , great selection on points to . What willjo said

Comment

You have found some pretty nice ones. You must have a good spot!
                  South Dakota

Comment

• HikerGalNC
                    HikerGalNC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks SDhunter! Seems like it for sure. This is a new spot, all my other ones are under water right now. So much rain here over the last few months, and now early snow too. I'm going to have to use a snorkel to hunt before long!

• SDhunter
                    SDhunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That could be interesting!

That's some good hunting, congratulations!
                  Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
                  X