• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s been a while...

Click image for larger version

Name:	6C49E0BF-ED3E-47BB-A64C-CBD6F925A82A.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	337100 Greetings everyone. It’s been a couple life changing months since my last post. I am now officially a father with a baby boy born 10/25/18. This has truly been a life altering experience for my wife and I and I cannot wait to watch him find his first artifact. I already told her that I plan on putting flakes in the rocks in our front yard garden pebbles to train him on looking for flint in a bed of rocks. She thinks I am crazy.

Anyways I got to go out for the first time since he was born this past weekend. Leaves are long gone from the rock bars and it was a frigid 33 degrees. I only found one but at least it was a good Carter County side notch. Base is extremely ground and it’s probably one of my finest made finds from that area. Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and best of luck to you all on the next hunt

Montani Semper Liberi

Awesome, I'm sure You two will be making Memories. Good Find's BTW
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congratulations Daddy!!!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Congrats on the growing family. Nice finds Michael. Merry Christmas to you and your growing family.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Those are awesome finds ..I know it ain't easy at 33 degrees good job...and congrats Dad
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Very cool points! You had me alert when you said Carter County (that's where I live). Congratulations on your son! Good luck on training him, just give him some time, and he might be better then you...
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Congratulations !!!
              I’m glad you got out and found some nice artifacts ...
              When my son was born I too thought man, a little hunting buddy...Soooo when he was big enough and had stamina I started taking him with me to hunt artifacts... “ Where are the arrowheads daddy , where ?” I told him he must be patient and walk and look..As fate would have it,he did indeed find a nice true arrowhead..Now , this was like on the 5th time out and I loved being with him..After we got home he said , “ Daddy, I’m gonna give this arrowhead to you.” I inquired as to why, as it would be his first find of perhaps a vast collection..My son said and I quote ,” Daddy , I was only going because you wanted me to!” I asked him if he wanted to go with me anymore and he said maybe..So, it was not really his thing, he had other interest like baseball, football,music, etc etc.. He was a normal little boy that was not interested in hunting artifacts...And I did not force him ever to do anything !Now when it came to deer hunting from age 11-16 he was on it. He got some great deer ! That was right up until he turned 16, I bought him a pickup.. He went hunting for a two legged deer !
              I hope your son does adopt your hobby, and always be proud and encourage any interest he may have...You never know, he might get you into another hobby and you will enjoy his hobby too....JJ
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
                lukecreekwalker commented
                Editing a comment
                He’s going to have to earn that first find just like everything else in life haha...life doesn’t come planted for most people.

• Lindenmeier-Man
                Lindenmeier-Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Ethan
                Young man , you are wise beyond your years...JJ

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha ha! I try, D. J.

My first arrowhead wasn't planted, and it is the most cherished artifact I own. Just because I found it myself...

Big Tatonka congratulations on the birth of your son. It sure is a life changing event and for all the right reasons. Nice finds as well...love that caramel color.
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Congratulations on both.
                Wonderful new addition to the family and the points . Boy that black one is something with those serrations .

Comment

Congratulations! Nice point as well
                  South Dakota

Comment

Nice find and a big congratulations on becoming a daddy!
                    South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations, twice!
                      Finding artifacts is fun but will never compare to being a Dad.
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congrats on your son.Nice side notched point.

Comment

C'mon, let us see the Boy!~
                          Professor Shellman
                          Tampa Bay

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E0A33FC7-C7F8-4869-B217-18D66471C229.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	337653
                            Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• Broken Arrow
                              Broken Arrow commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's a healthy look in baby boy! Congratulations!
                          Working...
                          X