Fence row surface finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence row surface finds

A few of my finds last month in Lawrence Co. Tennessee while raking leaves and fighting through briars. I feel very lucky to hunt this field, can find stuff all over but I hit the harder areas that have seen less traffic. I can dig here also but I haven't done much as the surface stuff is still there if you're willing to do a little work. I can usually pick up a dozen or so pieces in a couple of hours of looking. The little one I found in their garden after a good rain. I'm thinking of making some kind of sifter for that dirt and maybe find some more before equipment breaks them up.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum! Some good finds there. It is a blessing to have hunting grounds that produce on a steady basis.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• ILLannoyReb
      ILLannoyReb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks...yes it sure is...this spot been hunted and producing since the 60's according to the land owner.

Nice! Welcome aboard! Your collection is off to a good start
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Good stuff keep kicking dirt
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome from Iowa, good pickins, keep at um.
        SE IA

Comment

You have a couple complete ones in that pic, nice finds
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Yes sir, those are some good colors! Hurry up and save their siblings!
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Welcome and thanks for sharing. It looks like you have a good spot.
              South Dakota

Comment

• ILLannoyReb
                ILLannoyReb commented
                Editing a comment
                Your welcome...I'm lucky to have it exclusively, it's been closed to the public for almost 30 years.

Digging vs walking , hmmm.. I’d be walking .. W T Glean. JJ
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I just saw this . Whoa no telling what’s on that property if it’s producing like that .

Comment

I'm thinking just about everything I'm picking up are discards from previous hunters at a time when the field was plowed...last time was in the late 80s...and a lot of good artifacts where removed according to the land owner. I have found a couple old sorting piles after knocking down some brush and raking away leaf sediment. I might plan on doing some digging next spring if I can determine a good place to start.

Comment

Working...
                  X