New to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site

Hello all, I'm new to this site but I've passed through quite a few times. Been waiting for arrowheadology to come back up as I have all my stuff posted over there, but figured I would go ahead and register on here as well anyway. Seems like lots of good info here. I'll start by posting some of my best pieces from my rock shelter/cave site dig in Eastern MO. Have some questions on typing on some of them which I'll get to eventually. Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I've enjoyed finding them!

Welcome to site Ben, Welcome from Ga. Mo. has some good points and looks like you have several that are really nice.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome!!!!

You will love it here! I like that Big Sandy in the top frame.

Von

Comment

Welcome in, Ben. It's great here. Sweet site frames. I dunno wassup with AHology site, either...
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Von View Post
          Welcome!!!!

You will love it here! I like that Big Sandy in the top frame.

Von
          Thanks! Which one are you referring to? The one in the very top center of the black frame? A lot of folks have called that a Graham Cave.

Comment

• Von
            Von commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes that’s the one. It fits the Graham Cave look. There’s a lot of overlap and if found where I live it would be called a Rowan or Big Sandy.

Von
            Last edited by Von; 12-13-2018, 10:39 PM.

Like I said I'll be asking quite a few questions on type...hope y'all don't mind. Solely for the purpose of properly documenting and learning about my site. I'm getting pretty good but there are some that baffle me. I've been blessed to have the opportunity to dig a site that spans ~10,000 years of history.

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com nice finds Ben thanks for sharing.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hey Ben, welcome from SE VA! Very nice collection!
              Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina beautiful frames!
                N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Welcome from S.C. really nice points you have there.

Comment

Welcome Ben and quite an introduction. That cave has been good to you. Some really nice points coming from there and quite a span of time.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and appreciation of my collection. I like this place already!

Here's one I pulled from the early/mid archaic layer last well. Thought hidden Valley at first due to previous finds but going with Searcy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sets of 34, nice.... Keep showing ! JJ
                        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Welcome from the nutmeg state. Awesome finds man keep digging
                          SW Connecticut

Comment

Pulled this'n out tonight. Found pretty deep otherwise would think it's Hopewell. Base is also ground. Looks like they did a minor repair on an impact fracture. Pretty good flaking. Kinda leaning toward stone square stem as type.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by BenK88; 12-13-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X