Strike Two !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike Two !

I picked up Mikey and his beer for a ride out south on a exploration . We went to see some of our sites we’ve been hunting for years.. The sand was good but puffed up by the snow, which had melted...Anyway at the first site we walked Mikey found 2 archaic brokies and I found a few flint chips.. Going slow glint spotting on the way out, I spotted a shine (Flint Chip) from the pickup and almost did not stop, thinking is was a shrub oak leaf..Anyway if it did not have impact fracture , would of been another Home Run ! Checked a few other sites, same same puffed sand.. We got to Site that we both have found quite a few paleo points. I found a base of a oldie , strike 2.. Last stop, I walked up two wide half mile long washes , full of burnt rock and the clouds broke my light...So, I walked back to first base , my Hilux pickup.. Came home with hurt feelings ..... JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

So you found a Folsom from your pickup! That’s pretty good eyesight and instinct. Way to go! Sorry it’s broke.
    South Dakota

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      They took my cataracts out about 6 years ago and put corrective lenses in place(With UV protection) I see about 20-15 now from 4ft out. I have to wear reading glasses just to read. I was surprised as Dr asked if I wanted to be able to see up close or distance.. He said about 50% of people want to have their eyes fixed to be able to read without glasses. I prefer to see distance, and drive without glasss. Anyway, it’s easy to see flint shine on sand at long distance.. I spotted the brokie at 50’ from pickup moving. One just has to go see what is shining !

JJ nice score ...those are old old pieces of flint man ..you have nothing to cry about...I guess things are relative to what your used to...just saying ....be happy
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Your right Red.. This morning I’m thinking about going back out if it warms up..It’s suppose to be cloudy..I need good light to glint spot.

That's cool! It's also really tiny. I have never seen one like that. Good color too...

Next time leave Mikey at home, lol!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Oh no , can’t leave Mikey. My radar might be off and I have to dog him..
      He likes his beer, I quit drinking long ago, but I don’t care if he gets wasted.. To many stops to p though,lol...

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      BTW
      The rule of thumb on Folsom points is that they are usually 3xlonger than than they are wide.. So on this one just the bottom base, and splinter down the side is about all that’s gone...

Wowzers, that is awesome!

looking at the pictures, that old man was used hard. Looks salvaged a couple of times, the base, the side, the tip. That was was a masterpiece back in the day. (Still awesome by any metric that matters imho.)
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Hard to tell if it as ever reused. Most Folsom points broke on first throw.
      We hardly ever find the front part, usually the base. The ration is 10 broken to 1 good.. I’ve always thought and could be wrong that if we find a whole one, it might of been a grave offering...

At least you found a part of something. I couldnt tell you how many times I have come home with nothing but its always fun looking.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Oh, Sir I do get skunked...

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I think your skunk tagged along with me today.

Might not have hit it out of the park(complete Folsom), but it's at least an inside the park home run, lol...
    Rhode Island

Comment

Yeah ditto and the story . BTW the best hammer stone ever found was wayne pulling over for that and looking down .

Comment

Working...
    X