Company Histories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Histories

I was able to get out two weeks ago for my first 2019 hunt. I went to my spot in the Piedmont of NC that has been quite the productive spot for me. I've come to believe it is a mid archaic spot a Guilford and Halifax site. There had been a few good Rains on it since I'd been there last. I immediately found a nice Quartz point. After searching for a while I found a broke Halifax and another crudish Guilford. It's a very small spot and allmost left but decided to look one last time. With just a hint of rhyolite showing I found the whole rhyolite Halifax a great find for me. After this I decided to go to a development site that has been good to me but is almost completely built out. I did not find anything NA here this time but I did find a bulldozed dump with shattered glass everywhere and a few whole what I think are 1950's bottles. Nothing special most might call trash, but I did take the whole bottles home with me. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4618.PNG Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	344902
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sugaree; 01-19-2019, 05:13 PM. Reason: I put the wrong picture in oops!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

I really like taking the bottles home and checking out the history of the bottle manufacturer and product history. The milk white jar has Dorothy Gray on the bottom so I checked the history of her what an amazing career she had. One of the bottles is an A1 bottle I had no idea that A1 sauce originated in the 1830's I love this stuff. Hope everyone is doing well and getting out there! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4621.PNG
Views:	49
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	344905 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4622.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	344906
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Very nice! Neat history on the bottle too.

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Glacial Pebble!

Nice collection of points and bottles there. I drag home all the colored bottles. The little emerald one has a few brothers in my collection. I'm presently cutting the herd and have a box of bottles that have to go.
      Thanks for sharing your finds,
      fldwlkr
      Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fldwlkr! I've been putting a lot of the not so good bottles into the landscape. Bottle trees and lining garden paths.

Some good finds on points and the bottles are nice, I brought a milk glad jar home and an old Sprite bottle a big one that I will use bottom to make point.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks willjo I do collect the colorful glass shards. I put them into an urn I have outside. Need to learn how to knap them.

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like the glass shards also especially the leaded glass ones that have turned purple.

Good Hunting, that Point look's good to Me.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Josh!

Hey Marshall awesome finds man congrats. Is the greyish point a pentagonal?
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Red! The point definitely has a pentagonal shape. We do have some points with pentagonal in their name but I don't think this is one.

You did very well. I like those bottles as well!
      South Dakota

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Gary!

Sweet finds!!!

A1 is the bomb!

Von

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Von!

Nice bottles...those points are NC points alright...nice finds. Is it me or do many of the points from that region have a lot of wear on them? They always seem to be kinda used up and worn out looking. Good story to go with the pics Sugaree and I too had no idea that A1 originated in 1830...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe that the reason our points usually look used and worn out is due to the material we have here it doesn't age well and is a less "pretty"/desirable rock to start with. Rhyolite and Quartz are what they had in the NC Piedmont and Coastal Plain. The NC mountains were closer to the Tennessee chert sources so that region has better looking imported lithics. The Uwharrie mountains were the source of most of this Rhyolite I hunt west of there by three counties so a good walk to source. Thanks Frank!

Great finds
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks SurfaceHunter!
    Working...
    X