River find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River find

SW conn. Went to my river site for a kick....taking pic of a huge rusty rivet..didn't see the base...I think it's a Jack's reef corner notch....never found material like this... Found a Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190210_202133.jpg Views:	1 Size:	157.9 KB ID:	349553 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190210_202143.jpg Views:	1 Size:	189.0 KB ID:	349554 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190210_202155.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	349555 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190210_202349.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	349556 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190210_202033.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.0 KB ID:	349558 quartz drill too
    Attached Files
    SW Connecticut

That's hornfels. If it's Braintree hornfels, it's far removed from its base distribution area, but the JR people loved the stuff. It's a quality lithic, as far as knapping, from everything I have seen in the hornfels points we have found. And the JR people liked jasper and hornfels more then any other materials. Nice finds, Red.
    Rhode Island

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Charlie I knew you'd know what it was. ..my first piece of that. That point was pretty big. I like it a lot and it's only a base

Nice find Red...for what it’s worth, I agree with Charlie...looks to be Hornfels and the JRs I find are either Hornfels or Jasper! those guys had good taste in lithics!
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chris. It's cool stone.. you hut the beaches lately?

• cgode
      cgode commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven’t been out yet this year Red

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Well you gotta take me to the beach when possible

Hey Red, Nice find and that blade was a monster. Can you imagine it whole?
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron ..I've been imagining it whole since I found it at 3pm ....that Hornfels is cool....you ever knapp it?

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey red, I only knapped a little bit that Jay sent me.

Good Hunting and Find's!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx Josh

Dang on the broken one but I know the feeling just this week as a matter of fact. That drill is special I’ve never found a quartz drill before. I wonder what they were making and maybe you will find it next. Good looking finds
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Thanks Glenn. I only had an hour to kick tide was almost all the way up .... Good day for me
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Aw, man! That base is perfect! Could you imagine the whole thing? Nice finds.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I'm still thinking bout it 18 hrs later . . . And it's not a net weight... Although I did find a few more while you were gone. .. welcome back. Thanks

That would have been quite the blade. Nice find
        South Dakota

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Gary. Um finding more stuff this winter than ever before

Man that trash on the shore sucks ! Score ! Are you sure the drill is not a point ?
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks jj now I'm gonna look closer when I get home....yeah the trash is sickening i agree

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s sad but I see so many old tires in the creeks. The fee is $8 a tire that’s not worth throwing them in the creeks

Can’t imagine the size of that blade . Just the base is good enough for me .

Comment

Thanks Tam I love it
          SW Connecticut

Comment

I hope that tip washes in for you, I matched 1 up off a beach a week apart once.. Great finds!!

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks GP ...you got my hopes up ....it can happen...
          Working...
          X