My smallest point yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My smallest point yet.

Got out this afternoon for a bit of hunting. The field was muddy but thankfully it has rows to walk on. It is starting to was down very nicely and is almost prime for easily spotting points. Thought this little guy was just a flake but, upon further inspection, it turned out to be my smallest point yet. Also pulled another stemmed point. Click image for larger version

Name:	0217191700.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	351075 Click image for larger version

Name:	0217191701.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	351073 Click image for larger version

Name:	0217191723a.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	351074 Click image for larger version

Name:	0217191723c.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	351072
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

You have been on a roll, good Hunting Andrew!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Yeah, the beginning of this year has been good to me. What would you type that bird point as? I was thinking current river..

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Call

Love that little birdie . There is a lot of detail in that small point . Amazing they can do that .
    the other one in no slouch either .
    Ok let me guess Andrew 🤔the giver field ?

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Tam. The detail is all on that one side, the other side is basically featureless. Yep, these came from the field down the road. I hunt a couple different fields. The one that these came from is the one I hunt the most and it seems to be the most productive here lately.

Sweet finds Andrew ..the little one is that quartz? It's cool ...and is the bigger one red? That's cool too congrats man
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Red. The little one is Burlington chert. The bigger one is a caramel color. I found its brother a little while back, just a few feet from this one, and it is red.

It's exciting to find those big ol' Archaic artifacts, but I love the tiny stuff. I just like darts and flake points. That is very cool! Do you know what type it is? I like the color too.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Ethan. This thing is about as small as they get. I couldn't imagine hafting anything that was much smaller than this. It is the epitome of a flake point, the other side has just a bit of flaking on half of one blade edge. The type is "current river". It is a late woodland-early mississipian type. It was named for the current river here in SE Missouri. The site I found it on is a multi component site.

Great saves!

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, GP!

Good day!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Greg!

Still take down a big animal !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah. Liver, lung, or heart shot, anything is going down.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Sir !

Iam telling ya BA you said you did landscaping I think part time . I would be offering that guy a plow day . I can just see you lol . Got one row done and 8 points .

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm back to stay at home parenting full time now. That particular field gets plowed and rowed twice a year. I'm ready for the one across the road to get turned again, Haven't found alot of points in it but, it sits on a natural terrace and has alot of pottery and it is full of large debitage.

Two nice ones. Good job
    South Dakota

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Gary.

Those little birdies are my favorite. They are so small the plow cant destroy them. Nice job!

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Rob. I like them too. They may not be that old, in the larger picture, but they are usually in pretty good shape.

We should have a birdie contest. I have one that fits on the tip of my finger but it has a little tip ding and nowhere near the nice detail BA has . Never found a birdie with a base .
    Its truly a nice piece.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a cool idea. Maybe we could do a birdie thread..

I have a handful but they are nothing like yours . Those bradly spikes and such

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a spike type around here that I'd like to find someday

BA,
    Awesome day for sure, congrats on the finds. I checked a field yesterday here in NE Ohio where I am at and it is still soup. We are one phase from needing to pair the animals and build an ark around here. I have waterways around where I live and they have run at max for over a month now. All you're doing is giving me the fever!! Great stuff and thanks for sharing_Bill

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Bill. We aren't at the build an ark stage yet but, we've had a really wet past couple weeks here as well. Luckily the fields that I hunt the most are rowed out and they drain really well. They still get muddy but I'm light footed and I don't mind a little mud anyway. I just got back from a hunt with my buddy and we had a successful morning. I hope you get to remedy the fever soon, and I look forward to seeing what you find. --Andrew--

Nice finds. I found a very similar bird point back in Oct. 2017....it's also my smallest point yet.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright! Gotta love those little ones. Where you from?

• creekside
      creekside commented
      Editing a comment
      Kentucky
Working...
X