1 of my favorite frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 of my favorite frames

Didn't know where to post this as I didn't find even one of them. I bought about 1/2 of them in a Portland rock and gem store about 55 yrs ago. They had cigar boxes of them marked .50, $1.00, $2.00 ea. As the price went up so did the quality. Wish I would of bought more now. The rest I bought on e-bay a few yrs. ago. They said were from the Buehler, Bennett, collections. I bought the large grey one at center bottom last year and it's the only one I'm not sure of being authentic. I still have a few .50 cent ones that wern't very nice and ran out of room on the frame. I just love the size and colors of these as Burlington chert is 95 % of my collection. Wish I lived in Oregon or Washington but I guess finding has went down after the dam was built and flooded good areas.
    SE IA

Wow, nice Frame of Point's.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Great group of artifacts
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice points good job on frame looks great
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Gorgeous frame~!
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Beautiful !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Nicely done, great array of lithic material and a fine job framing as well. As most of us know, framing these buggers is sometimes more of a challenge then it seems it should be. Really great stuff. _Bill

Comment

People have been collecting points / artifacts a long time. I guess as far as history in this country, Thomas Jefferson was a early recorded collector ... JJ
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• wmwallace
                  wmwallace commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great history fact JJ. Ben Franklin was another of the founding fathers that collected artifacts as well. He would actually live among them for weeks at a time and traded with many of the eastern tribes prior to the revolution. Historic stuff is so cool. _ Bill

• Lindenmeier-Man
                  Lindenmeier-Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes Sir !

Love all the colors! Very nice frame
                South Carolina

Comment

Really nice display
                  South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I believe that sometimes, it doesn't matter how crude the artifact, or how common it is. I just love the colors! Amazing display case ya have there!
                    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

That sure is a beautiful frame with lots of variety!
                      South Dakota

Comment

I think you are correct on the large grey one but it’s still a nice add to your frame it’s done very well. Some nice pieces in that frame I can see why you like it
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

I also agree with you on the large Grey one at the bottom but the rest of the frame has some beautiful points in it. You did well on that purchase.

Comment

Working...
                          X