Mediocre Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediocre Hunt

I went out today about three miles east of home to a site that I’ve not hunted in about two months. The site was blown out really good although no rain makes the blowouts grind down very slowly. I put on the wrong sunglasses ( Wayfarers) instead of the predator style of RB’s that shield my eyes from the wind. Wind was 25 mph or more at times and the eyes were pouring.
    I parked the antique Toy, got out walked fifty ft and found the broken dart. Walked back around the other direction and found the complete dart. The site is about 60 acres of blown ground, and of course walked the rest for nothing except flint shreds .
    It felt good to walk but I should of known better, I was finding no scrapers ( Scrapers come up first) but plenty of flint. Weather is suppose to go bad tomorrow but I got a mediocre hunt in the book.......
    Lubbock County Tx

Hey JJ, Those are some nice finds. I like both points but I like the button too.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Good eye there Ron, I think it’s a modern 4 hole button but I have found many 2 hole buttons made I’d shell ...

Red red red red red dirt.....😳

i bet that that is hard on the eyes.

nice dart LM👍👍
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      It’s not really hard on my eyes however, when in dunes the reflection off sand can damage the eyes. I had cataracts replaced with lenses years ago. The implants have UV protection but I wear sunglasses with more protection.

Always nice to get out and to find points is even better
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Yes Sir, and I feel better after walking too...

You never know what your going to come home with but you came home with a couple of finds. Any time spent taking those kind of walks is a good day.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Good walking Greg, to much for one guy.. Come out sometime, I’ll put you on your dream field !

• gregszybala
      gregszybala commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope to JJ and thanks for the invite.

Nice jj. Good you went..that's a cute. Little point. That's a lot of flint...there a lot of country songs with. "Red dirt road"in em ..I can see why.
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Couple comments on the red soil... Does it really look that red to you ?
      I had to go look after my weekend chores were done...I pick up at least that much flint almost every hunt bro.. To tell the truth I’ve never watched a person knap but I’ve heard that there is a lot of chips after the fact.

Good saves man! Perfect point equals success in my book, hope the bad weather erodes more goodies for you. Do you ever walk around the bases of those telephone poles? I’ve found several nice points over the years very near the poles in fields, not sure if it’s because of a high spot they set them on or just the auger bringing up deeper then the plow can reach?? Lone Ranger may have even been using them for cover lol..

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      You know one of my secrets GP!

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      There are 3 reasons points are around power poles Sir !

Update
    There is a definate plus to living in the south plains, but there are drawbacks too. Caught this guy a few minutes ago on the wall by my wife’s bedside.....
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

A Mediocre Hunt Day is better that what I'm able to so with the ground still covered by the white death out here. Nice little point equals success in my book. I also do really like the potential for some killer success with the way that red dirt blows off. There are some nice ones waiting for you just under that top layer.

Comment

You’re on Mars compared to my search location. Neat to see points from all the different regions. Is there a natural spring nearby?
        Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          No Sir, no natural water here except underground.

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          I have to give you a explanation , because without water, no life.. The heavy sand here held water year round. My theory is,is that the NA people would dig into the wet sand put a reed ( Straw) in bury it and suck fresh water out. Much like the native Australian natives still do.We have the playa lakes but the NA did not drink from them. They knew full well about Montezumas revenge.

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          Also, back then if they dug deep enough, and there was enough water in the sand the hole might fill in the bottom with fresh water...My bad because I’m here I think everyone knows this area..

Hey JJ it hit 50 degrees here yday...yippee I o ki A.
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          That’s a heat wave ! Go get em !

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew ud say. That. Hey put some green artifacts on the st.paddys thread...it's on the arrowheads and other lithics...I wanna see some green from texas

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          I don’t have no green artifacts !
      Working...
      X