• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Ya'll up to date.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4817.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	356448 I got to get out on a Point/detecting/glass hunt two weeks ago. I only found one Savannah River knife that has a cool curve to it. Definitely better then the skunk! So I get to my Piedmont NC hunting spot after the sun has already set. As soon as I get there I go to my house site and dig away. I finally switched my Garrett 250 detector to all metal. Yea I need a better detector. I had been using the setting jewelry and my targets were drying up. As soon as I switched the detector went haywire yea I'm going to be digging junk out of this spot forever with an occasional cool find. Yea nothing but junk this time but it helps tell the story of who were these people and how did they live. Anyone recognize any of my junk? I promise I'll do another post on what I've found out about their lives it's very interesting or at least to me. The bottles yea there junk as well but I enjoy finding them and researching them. The numbers on the Dr Pepper bottle 10 2 and 4 yea that is when your body needs more sugar. I told my doctor that and he disagreed? The pottery was from a different hunt that Adam TxMail took me on thanks again for a great hunt! Hope everyone is doing well and spring brings everyone freshly plowed fields!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

I like that knife I don’t have any like that one
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks SurfaceHunter!

That is a nice quartz knife .Looks like the quartz i find in SC. To me, the milky quartz is beautiful! Nice one!
      South Carolina

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Josie the SC border is just a few feet away!

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good to know that someone hunts close by! I find 99% quartz but lately I'm finding shale/slate pieces.

Sweet!!! Love the quartz knife!

Von

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Von!

Nice Quartz piece and the last junk photo of the nut, they don't make them like that any more.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks willjo if I did my research correctly the house was abandoned in 1909 but people still used it as a dumping ground years later.

Hey Marshall, You have a lot of interesting finds there. I have a complete balance scale like the one in your fourth picture of the group.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ron the scale is neat! I need to look them up and see why the balance fulcrum point is off center.

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Marshall, The fulcrum is toward one end of the bar so that a small weight can balance a larger weight of product.

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ron!

Well done Marshal. Your 250 is not the best detector on the market, however I have seen some really cool finds that were made with a 250. Have fun and keep digging.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Bruce it's been a great learning experience with my local history. The family who lived here were the Maguire or McGuire's spelled two different ways? The Mr farried people across the Catawba river before bridges were built. He had several children die at an early age. Catawba power company bought the land which eventually became Duke power. Duke sold it to various internal Duke company's 14 times. Yea they bought and sold it to themselves 14 times guess for tax purposes?

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        It sounds to me like they might have been Irish and changed their name do to prejudice against the Irish. Your thoughts on tax dodge makes sense.

Great score on the blade! I really like the iron too ! Hope ya find $20 gold piece !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Lindenmeier-Man I've yet to find a coin here still hoping though!

Hey Marshall. Very successful hunt. Nice knife ...cool bottle... And cool heavy metal..congrats man
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Red I almost missed the Quartz knife very last rock I looked at that day. There was just a hint of it showing through mud.

I’ve never found the big Savannah River knife whole yet just the bases and only 2 to date.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Your Savannah will show up just keep at it.

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I know a guy who found a cashe of them after a flood just laying there on a creek bank in a row
    Working...
    X