Little bird point from a new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little bird point from a new site

Work took me up to Northwest Georgia the other day. Was able to do a little field walking and found a nice little arrow point. The Knox chert up there is very very fine quality. Found quite a bit of flakes but this is the only point.

Felt good to get one out from under surfacehunter!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rRhlaIVFx4xkZtnv3SnkAwcwdX5eYuHxFdCcyr3jZ13LoNPUtR2ufpBxuk0OXYzM_YxqfVo_pCK-Rtabcbv-vzKH8pwUn1PfIWnNOTea9EB55N-CdBjkgY2RwnB9d_l_73j0mHKt4ef9wWhcvFzQ5wBhvpP-F4yrWlJy325X8Iyci1u9NPoDME8Z2zYw8dufubAYv4ElT9XerMXAvf_jjgPxOrbeDWJJ1JQBY8PAac99S3ygeaGU0hjHmjiX7BA
Views:	35
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	357471 Click image for larger version

Name:	KFk-x1UWEg9A1sHkmP4nurcBa3N94bRWqSrfg3hK0y7hEpbqtKKWTrvRzpq3Xl4jSm3Vlco-BgHSaAHnaUx_tUqUEvoJHX_NbwKMsJkZft3stLGPudLgDHs4rdww6dBVhTlI9cZTVQSKBb2D95b1EAi9fqNkUwXWaxdpp-_Vgtp1vetReNwZGagAtmpaSOeo7Q5CqRN52sH1dQB-FPKaHalebf9lLw4sUBNHB6mAPzJEiVE_jShhTcvfFjnwGAs
Views:	34
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	357472

They got all the goody out of that point. Nice find
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Great find! Very nice!
      Jackson County, Mo

Comment

Love the point, and love the lithic even more.👍👍
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Nice lithic! d:^)
          Lexington to the Sortof Southernmost Uwharries of NC. Jake..

Comment

Nice find
            SW Connecticut

Comment

What county was that in? 🤬😃
              NW Georgia,

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
                georgiafieldwalker commented
                Editing a comment
                Bartow

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                That is my neck of the woods but I was trying to think where you could possibly find any field that clean right now and I can’t think of any where I look

So what are you calling your point
              NW Georgia,

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
                georgiafieldwalker commented
                Editing a comment
                Madison but always open to other opinions. What are you thinking?

The small ones like that are usually late Woodland to Mississippian period
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Like most of the small ones it’s been loved to death so it might be hard to determine. You would think with all the flint around here they would of just made another instead of sharpening them to a nub
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Look at Mouse Creek and see if it might be one. I think that’s the name. With the notches I believe they are like that
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Mouse Creek is very possible. I found this one last year in Middle Georgia and someone on the arrowheadology site said it was a Mouse Creek even though it was out of the type's range.

Click image for larger version

Name:	QeAJuG9WxXTpyUKcaYf6cQxd3svVZ6q6579EBZKpk-svcFTMz6weWhNXYLlcmytMXEjZRiz7fYOb0kJDAK1s2zFLV-ud1UmOlSdQaxkKp_t4Bc2U6foHkdVqybg_jT-68DkcJngTQ8J6ZLPo3z1NF2VE9vftrQQ_Dbp6AtAysEQpFwMWQilpA6Ukhvz3uLOVGiRkoyLNyd2BIDbgzfVeLfW_GmxnaJXgOpdIc_wX_d_TzLWQ-hC2k3GGK60L87T
Views:	96
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	358003

Comment

That’s a nice one. I don’t think I have found any of them myself. It’s a nice example of one. I find Hamilton’s quite a bit and Yadkins and once in a while a Woodland triangle. Haven’t found any this year yet. I have Permisson to some acres where I find them.5 and up. All are in one section of the field.
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                      X