After Lunch Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Lunch Hunt

After lunch I picked up Mikey and we went to look playa pond/lake shore that I hunted last Monday. I’ll not show everything but I want to show one little broken arrowhead . It is tiny , bifacially worked with a broken ear. Also I got a nice Scallorn , true arrowhead. And two hardstone Manos...And a few other points and brokies etc. Anyway I’m leg weary and going to snooze.... JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Sweet finds, worth being leg weary.
    SE IA

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Sir, my legs are ready to go this morning. Farmers/ producers are about to get everything plowed , so my season is about over..

Nice finds jj your doin good. That scallorn is mad cool
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bro, they are fairly common out this way... You need to find some nice points to show me!

My favorite dessert!! Wish we had sweet scallorns up this way, very pretty material Congrats!

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure you’ve got some really nice types to find... Go get em !

Nice Mano fields here are still grassy but I see the chicken scratch is being piled up on the fields so hopefully they will do some spread and disc this year instead of spraying and plant. I might get lucky and find a few after harvest this year. Nice point you found to.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I hate the loss of my sites to the plows every year but I really like it when they deep break 18-24 inches deep. They keep bring up the artifacts. They tried low/ no till a few years back, fortunately it did not work out for the farmers or me either. Cotton tap roots like to go deep, in tilled soil .

I wish they would go to some kind of plow here. My 1st year on the property the farmer did plow then he retired and let his son take over that’s when the hay started and the no til farming began. I still find a good one once in a while but nothing like I use to. I drove past a field where I have been going to for 5 years and they have chained the road. I will have to call and find out why maybe cause of Turkey season I can hope. Hopefully I haven’t lost permission
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I’ve shot lots of turkey, never really been able to cook em right I guess to taste good. Kept the beards though..Then I was told how to bare hand get live turkey,( Not Legal ) sure does work though.

Nice little points there.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Yes Tam, I like to pick up the little ones the most...

Good day and the one bird point is sweet!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg, I picked up lots of flint sherds, and about 10 broken points. Oh well, that’s just part of it.....
Working...
X