3/30/19 finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/30/19 finds

The rain was steadier here yesterday then Friday, I layered up and went back to the bulldozer spot. Walked about 3 hours until my base layers were wet, then called it a day.. weather man was right it turned to snow overnight and the ground is white here this morning blah.
    Was a good stroll yesterday found a few heartbreaker drills, the back of a sawtooth point that still has me teary eyed, 4 nice uniface end scrapers, more shrapnel, and 2 pretty points.
    The larger side notch is likely otter creek, has a slick ground base. I’m not sure on the birdy pretty material pinkish tint to it... sorry for the dim lit clean up..
    I forgot to mention the bladelet, always happy to find flintridge material here!
    Last edited by Glacial Pebble; 03-31-2019, 06:45 AM. Reason: Bladelet

Another good day of finds. So how do you store your pieces when you pick them up? I actually have a manny pack with zippers I put mine in. It fits around my waist they are hard to find sometimes but good to have.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      I usually have a hanky and I wrap them and put in pockets... have lost a couple nice points over the years through holes in pockets..usually keep debitage and broken in 1 pocket and completes in another, when they get to full, rare as that is lol I take a trip to truck and unload.

That was nice points laying every where good finds
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice GP man.. the points look similar . The sawtooth is cool. Nice drills too...and 4 scrapers? Wow... Man it looks like you just came home from the Walmart of artifacts..good for you. Congrats....and nice insutus
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Man
        with so much glacial pebble to look , I don’t know how you find anything on a cloudy, wet , cold day. Imagine if the sun were shining ? Anyway the super serrated would of been just killer. In the situ looks like a tip to the right. Well earned finds , my hat is off to you. Congrats !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I like the waist zipper packs cause if you put them in your pocket they scratch and also can snap as you bend over for another find. Also they won’t fall out.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Heck of a day there GP.
            Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Great finds under poor conditions. Never hunted in the snow but did in a lightning storm once. I was the tallest thing for a mile.
              SE IA

Comment

Working...
              X