Unexpected Outing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected Outing

I was up late celebrating the game win for the Red Raiders,was trying to sleep in for a hour or so to catch up. Mikey text me and said he’d be at my house at 12:30 to go hunt the playa lake shore . I told him it was to cold with wind chill here at about 25F. He text me back and said be ready to go...... I have a couple situ pics, and area shots. In the center of the pic is a Washita with tip damage, bifacially worked, thin as a dime. Next is a Young point, then Padre , and broken drill which hurt my feelings. I found four scrapers ... The unexpected hunt paid off..... JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

That Washita is awesome. I wished I had people dragging me out of the house to find nice points like that!
    South Dakota

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I really did not think he’d want to go either ,I can’t say no. Mikey is a hard core hunter too...!

Wow brother man I'm proud of ya goin out in the cold like that . Thats a nice hall for unexpected .hunt. congrats man . Sweet points and nice choopers
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bro, you need to go find us something !

Good haul, always like to see the tools too.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      At times we find lots of scrapers , other times not. Whenever I see broken pottery sherds it’s time to slow down to a crawl . Pottery sherds mean points are up too ! I didn’t find a single piece of pottery yesterday, so I was surprised !

That washita is an eye appealing type, looks thin..nice batch of goodies! What do they plant out there? Looks like some kind of stalk stubble in the situs, great pictures too.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      It’s milo/ maze stalks. I wish it were cotton stalks.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      There are some of last years cotton stalks mixed in there too..The milo catches the sand where just cotton stalk lets the sand blow on out. Good observation !

Sweet! That Washita is awesome! You gotta enter that.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Ethan it’s broken on both blade edges at the tip, the last one I found there was a much better point..

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      You found another? I don't believe I remember that. But still and all, that's a great point in my book.

When the going gets tough , the tough get going !!
    the weak stay inside in front of the TV and you reap the benifits . I have been seeing a lot of that on this site .
    Great finds to say the least .

Comment

Looks like a good day From here I like those oblong style scrapers
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
      X