Good morning on new ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning on new ground

Hit the new cleared site this AM and found a few. The ground was disc 3 times since clearing it last fall. The ground didn't break up like the old use area, big clods. Have found many on this site but the new cleared area is producing. Couple Snyders a Gibson and a side notch that has an impact fracture that is cool and a decent Adena. I have found a few Gibsons on this site and wonder if the Gibson points are near the Hopewell culture or just a multi use site and I think it is as have found mississippian points and Nebos there and a couple paleo and everything in between . Its a good high ridge close to the mississippi river so probably a long term site. In any case a productive site. Hope we get another heaver rain as I know there will be more pop.
    SE IA

Hopefully they bed it up before they plant. Will be many more I'm sure.

Comment

Good? How about an awesome morning! Killer finds, and congrats on those!
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

What an awesome day.OR.. congrats..those are some nice points
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Good day for sure I will try to send you some rain from Georgia 👍
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• oldrocks2
            oldrocks2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Be appreciated. Had a few snowflakes the last 1/2 hour hunting, weird year.

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Going into the low 40s here tonight the wind is crazy I had to go the long way home cause I was afraid of falling trees. I usually just cut through the mountain to the valley.

All of them are sweeeeet!

Comment

Now that an impressive show . That’s enough for the year !!!

Comment

Wow, that site is kicking up some beauties. Congrats on finding it and them.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Location, location, location ! I’d be hitting that site hard with all the beauties coming out ! Congrats !
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I had to come back and look at these again . I would be digging that site .

Comment

• oldrocks2
                    oldrocks2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thats out. I'm lucky to have permission to hunt the site. Have been the only person (and my hunting buddy) allowed on the place. The owner died about 15 yrs ago but had made friends with his son so still can hunt it, till its planted only. Been productive for 35 yrs but the new cleared ground is really something, just like the old ground was 35 yrs ago. Super.

Man I hope they keep washing out of there for you, beautiful finds!

Comment

Now that's a nice handful of points! Good luck on the new site.
                    fldwlkr
                    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Holy Cow, Beauties!
                      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice find 👍🏻

Comment

very exciting when a new spot yield artifacts! Congrats. I'm often checking new areas and quite often find nothing a few times before something
                          New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                          X