Another great day in Ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another great day in Ga

Was able to get a quick hunt on some tilled ground in Northeast Ga. Usually find only quartz at this site but today was lucky enough to find some other lithics. The stemmed point does not look like coastal plains chert to me. Maybe Georgia Jasper or willjo can correct me. I think the third from the left in the hand picture is a Jack's Reef Pentagonal?? Really unfortunate the small quartz one had a tip ding. In-situ video posted below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	-vIlyNG6yWxMX5qXY5cPbNoHa_Qd23Vrnkh487vFVXzohZL8qWvnWq_NXFygmCge5X8Aq97bvidYdjErG2kpXQwc_xXhGe4--5NnJnsQQiW0as-P6HeIhXOfuUV8QMqpRAvMwglj9uB2yGFl0UD4_PGy_BMZKrkf12GgTP6F37QweV4rOki9aJT_miXImyZ6CAtGNE842cnQllWHOoVQltfsGW3Ro0wx91wSBUysHyGlb7dS1P9RJhOpX2fUavp
Views:	100
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	362401 Click image for larger version

Name:	K765tR6oqb2NcwF-RK36t_huEdzfVmKJ9RIblyQNJasESjUTNqYCN4TWuWGX7sXhTmLY1S0kdIha6By_w0Yx0w5KFTXtCOkKM67EvjgqyBmchVtfAoCcBl81E8HTFT-nS-L5px2AQIaCM5Uycipr0O8W6VqkjqbGZGdBgsxMYmp1H9Yf4bEIuzvfn9Ipm-2KriOw14mHrg2FS3Sw26UEbggp5pfuW08VR7ieYJnZBM2iR4Zr_209y7An7jKmUqt
Views:	100
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	362402 Click image for larger version

Name:	8NKu7uZqoC9MVdEul-XD025n_yovhtIwsVFHFKUkKHsrWQX6ClYV7zYXDVjvNCRiv5pNE8j12L_dLQYz7BXy9Atog_rKf7Edl2oH64xWlAMLzAg1PrqW-DPlt45hYeKY9EhfKf1xJIjGxCZuiBWOpxZlzbt07w5sgBV6ZFc0eiVqGgD_-N0IHW5lFNUbcZdBOJZSb3bIHLAMF7M8FDxdxoPeJYThD6rBfm5mutWHuE02Zk_j_UyMxDGymrTWnW1
Views:	101
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	362403 Click image for larger version

Name:	6U4rXsvzMTxhVqCPBhwMslyxfterrYQUFhAB-gXEoY2Gn4Byv2xBgPzL5M96dGDLQ90jHBw-d9ANQFuWRZjJWghV97OTnDP3wuWCf7se3MUpu2Fr6FTOb0UR--4v6i1R3TB1gYohI0WSaK4-eDnFwSLT3VJURZfYuT3sBqtwK9gIIbdH_i2VUo7U0eTKV0C1Ug2EjpU4kijIYl-f0cBkBPEPofGBehfCsDdJhxYGKRdIykrW2JtV4xQSk5gzr46
Views:	97
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	362404

Very nice! Love that Carmel colored one Abbey?

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
      georgiafieldwalker commented
      Editing a comment
      I called it a pickwick but could be wrong. It doesn’t have the edge work and 4 way bevel that an abbey would typically have. And Abbey’s are typically further south.

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      Go back and look at your McIntires for brown point
      Last edited by willjo; 04-21-2019, 07:28 AM.

• georgiafieldwalker
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Johnny. Should have known better than to try to type it myself! Haha. Thanks for the input.

Probably rhyolite seeing it was found in the north east section. There are different levels of quality of it. I have one point made from it I’ve found in my area. But mine is grey. I’ve seen it stripped to. Always fun to get out but better when you find some keepers like those.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
      Editing a comment
      Very possible could be rhyolite. I'm not very educated on the lithic types. I have found some other rhyolite pieces at this site but they were both gray.

Second one is costal plain Chert . Good luck after that rain last night .

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
      Editing a comment
      Yep, its pouring down right now at my office.

You will have a fruitful day and am looking forward to seeing it . I have been trying to learn the different cherts in Georgia for years and they still elude me with the heat treating . I find that peanut butter colored one you have a lot . Sent some to Ron . Never needs heat treating just comes out that color . There are a couple of guys on utube that go collect it .
    watch some of the clips . Willjoe ( Johnny ) does know all the names but they pretty much come in every color . Heat treating brings out that waxy and bright color you almost think your holding jasper .

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know what it is. It’s not translucent at all and very smooth feeling. Could be just a different grade coastal plain chert than what I’m used to finding.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I have heard some collectors say they have found coastal plains chert above the fault line but most were traded in. It doesn’t actually appear here in natural form in other words you just can’t go find it in the northern sections of Georgia.

Could be a quartzite also the brown one
    NW Georgia,

Comment

I am so jealous congrats on some nice finds
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I’ve been on a hot streak the last few weeks.

Real good day in Georgia...congrats on some nice finds
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
    X