New Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Find

First post here really like this site. Went for a short walk yesterday in my no till by the house. Always walk the same big hill first. Must have walked right over top of this guy a hundred times but spotted it today. Thought it was broke but the base appears to be worked this way. No idea on type in Greene county Ohio.

That is an amazing find! Looks thin. Nice color to it too... Welcome to the forum!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Thanks. It's very thin. A little thicker than a quarter

Comment

My two cents nice knife .

Comment

I could be totally off base here but the lithic material really looks like Alibates...
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe my good friend, that you have fallen off your rocker. :-) Flint Ridge would be my best guess.

• flintguy
            flintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            L Man, you know your stuff, but I'm going with KP on this one. That's Flint Ridge.

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah ? You get jacked up on steroids and do a few peyote buttons, you’ll see pink elephants fly too !!!

Originally posted by Lindenmeier-Man View Post
          I could be totally off base here but the lithic material really looks like Alibates...
          Had to look that one up but looks about right

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Alibates is a Midwestern material, closer towards Texas. Flint Ridge looks like that, and that is an Ohio lithic.

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t care, it’s alibates darn it ... Let’s fuss ! Found in near every state from lots of walking !

Welcome from Connecticut. That's a nice point... Congrats
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Looks like a blade but could of been used like a knife nice material on that one.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Welcome to the forum from the Greene/Clark County border. That's a nice blade and even cooler that you pulled it from the no till. I'm going with Flint Ridge on the lithic type.
              Good Luck out there, fldwlkr
              Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Thanks to all

Comment

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your nice find. I like the material
                  South Dakota

Comment

Welcome and a nice little find.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

It's a nice point for sure. Sometimes triangular shaped stemless points are hard to ID because they were made from Paleo thru Mississippian periods. It is too large for a atlatyl dart or arrow point. Probably used as a knife or spear point. I tried to figure this one out for you but have had a tough time of it. It resembles a Frazier more than any other point I've checked on. Like Fraziers, it is triangular with an excurvate blade and flattened in cross section and the size is about right. From what I've read and from my own experience Fraziers are little known and somewhat rare..They are supposedly found from north Alabama to the Ohio Valley. The point is named after the Frazier Site in Benton Co., TN which is located adjacent to the west bank of the Tenn. River near the KY state line. References I used include the website projectilepoints.net, Handbook of Alabama Archaeology and the Overstreet book.

Comment

Thanks sailorjoe very interesting

Comment

Working...
                        X