Been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while

Went out in some bad weather and found a couple awesome items.
    New Jersey

Hoping someone can maybe give some information about this piece of whatever it is. Maybe it's 19th century or earlier not sure. Same spot.
    New Jersey

Comment

And lastly here's the piece of stone bowl with the other pieces from the same spot ... none of them fit together darn it. Thanks for looking. Long live arrowheads.com
    New Jersey

Comment

• Olden
      Olden commented
      Editing a comment
      I think pieces of soapstone bowls were probably recycled for fishing weights, pendants, etc.- they were probably good for skipping across the water too!

Good Hunting Kayakaddict.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice soapstone fragments maybe they were making a bowl and on your next trip it will be sitting there waiting on you to find it.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice finds...hardstone and soft stone...
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Good day. Wouldn't it be nice to find more of the soapstone and possibly piece together a bowl?
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Very good hunt!I would surely be happy with those!
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

That water looks wicked ! First time I’ve seen a fork used for scale....Good for you Sir !
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol yes you will have to remember that one. People think I’m a nut for looking all day for a point

• Lindenmeier-Man
                Lindenmeier-Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes I look for zero !

Thanks for the great comments. It was dangerous heading back against the winds which picked up. Not for even the intermediate paddler. I shouldn't have gone out. 30 minutes of intense paddling back to base with 2 foot waves soaking me. I hope to get back on a calm sunny day this summer for more bowl pieces if I can find them.
              New Jersey

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Just think how much washed back out. Yakking is fun though nothing like turning the corner and seeing white caps knowing you can’t turn around in time. It’s a rush

Hey Evan, That's a beautiful hammerstone / pecked thumb hold. I bet that thing produced a lot of nice points and blades.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
              X