Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First ever intact (mostly) spear head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ever intact (mostly) spear head!!!

Today I went and walked the field that Sugaree and I usually hunt and found this gem laying on top of the ground as if sitting there for me to find! I'm thinking Morrow Mountain. Definitely a spear point. Then I found this glass disc. Very heavy, very solid. Any clues?

Comment

Good salvage ! Nice.. The disc has me intrigued ... Could we get a few extra pics of both finds plz ?
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

The dings are from the plows. What other pics can I take of the point?

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not sure that a glass coaster, how thick is the point ?

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          Regardless of the point, I’d keep looking the area for the other lantern lens. If from RR lantern it could be red. Pre 30’s

Good Hunt TX!
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congratulations that's a beautiful Morrow Mountain hopefully more are just waiting for you to find! The glass disc is intriguing?
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• TxMailDude34
            TxMailDude34 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just heard from another hunter on here that the glass disc could be a lantern lens pre 1930s.

• Sugaree
            Sugaree commented
            Editing a comment
            Railroad lantern lens! Way cool find.

Originally posted by Sugaree View Post
          Congratulations that's a beautiful Morrow Mountain hopefully more are just waiting for you to find! The glass disc is intriguing?
          That field always turns up surprises. Remember the Italian coin? Lol

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            Like to see the coin, I missed it somehow which is not out of the ordinary ....

• TxMailDude34
            TxMailDude34 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lindenmeier-Man...Sugaree found that. Check his posts. He and I usually go hunt and he found it while on a hunt. He always finds odd things lol.

Nice point. It does have a Morrow Mt. look about it. Probably used as a knife and not a spear.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
            Nice point. It does have a Morrow Mt. look about it. Probably used as a knife and not a spear.
            You may be right. It's hard to know. I've heard that some spear points and knives could be used interchangeably.

Comment

Nice finds
              SW Connecticut

Comment

I’d say a glass coaster and an exhausted knife blade, both cool finds
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I was thinking coaster to on it. Nice point
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Wayne found something very similar to that in lithic and looks . Less a little base we were thinking vanishing base MM . What do you think of that call ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tam View Post
                      Wayne found something very similar to that in lithic and looks . Less a little base we were thinking vanishing base MM . What do you think of that call ?
                      That is very possible! You thinking knife or spear head?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindenmeier-Man View Post
                        Good salvage ! Nice.. The disc has me intrigued ... Could we get a few extra pics of both finds plz ?
                        A lantern lens??? I never thought of that! It was near the railroad where I found it in a field. The town where I hunt was the hub for lumber in the 1800s up to about the 1930s. Then Asheville became bigger and the lumber industry died around here.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes I’d be extremely happy about the lens, not taking away from the artifact of course. I like finding odd things !
                      Working...
                      X