5/15/19 finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/15/19 finds

Checked a few spots yesterday, came home with some keepers. Calico looking point is the most intact point I’ve found in this material, find small cobbles of it in the local gravels. I’ve tried to break them before and most tend to crumble. Nice hafty I thought was a flint chip and didn’t snap an insitu..they sure used her up lol. Last is a crusty material almost like sandstone and very light, not my choice if I was gonna make a knife.. I think she is how they left her very well used, love that it stayed in as good of shape as it did. Looks like they had some issues knapping her.

That field is exciting . What era is that calico one ? It has the color of the killdeer egg . Looks like you had a fruitful day .

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it’s woodland, maybe late archaic. Found it in a different spot then the other 2. Found 2 different pieces of pipestone pipes/ 2 separate pipes in the same field few years back.

Good Find's and Pictures!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

WOW that's a great find!!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Nice finds. The point in the forth pick will never be confused with a needle tip.😏
        Central Ohio

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
          Glacial Pebble commented
          Editing a comment
          I was disappointed when I walked up thought the disc got it, but I think they reworked/chiseled the tip. Polished from use, they kind of ground both faces of it too.. I like the crude dudes too lol.

Good day and a sweet little point!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

First thing I thought was another Adze but points are good too. Always good to get out but always better to find something. Looks like a good day
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Sweet hunt for sure...Just looking at your finds is causing me to have artifact withdrawal !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
              Glacial Pebble commented
              Editing a comment
              Is your wife feeling better? You better take a walk in the dirt this weekend!

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Sand has been blowing. Lisa is doing ok.. I’d like to hunt but most of the ground is plowed...

Nice point and hafty. Congrats .good day. The hafty is a good one for the st.paddys day thread next yr.. nice and Green
            ​​​​
            Last edited by redrocks; 05-17-2019, 08:59 AM.
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
            X