Sunday Funday in Central Ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Funday in Central Ga

We've had perfect weather for artifact hunting in Georgia the past few days and decided to get out again this morning and see what I could find. Found a broken tip bird point, broken drill, the 3rd broken square knife I've found at this location and what I want to call a Kirk Serrated point. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on type. Some really cool material on the whole point. In-situ video attached below as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nJTLplXFURBOFLpXi5DJvOFvhpN8uczk7taTPI92sEx6d0ZdS5HmwIb59_FWX0amX4DV6lj7JuPxPfD4soYzaMoOAX57xYaUsxF4PL8R24DVe_YXx8hW_D7YtWyzwjyqi7030hsCRVuCvSpJGD9WcGMkdqEn6xlUzAoATBCGyxNcR2M8TAU0Zy41kMuYmOCgkAjcMoWixNqL8pWj59MlSSA1udH5KKQEUZEjSKtQ8_rM6UAzQeek1XZHjp4pZkR
Views:	99
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	372055 Click image for larger version

Name:	hZKblt9tUAH4BLpiEmROhlasd7jN8EUrbjkmrWOkbjMVsw8tW0W45BzGO0E50LXFP9-y9U8P47J24cFTBCyL9K7c8qrA9wkhXmjqaonNeg1y7U9lg5p1PMSvW5TTDVAXvZbuzlFUEAs2cJRmsU1ra0Qlawtfhy3Bmnv1hX6XbZtAg7AJcL6Wtoa-o_jkUHZfWJq6XBS6PVrx8OWL0tfm7KIaVEd3BHxkgqltbPYvLKXjEndOFkeovmpp2GXiJ9b
Views:	106
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	372056 Click image for larger version

Name:	WY5eZByxHaQVt9pmCE1IoTcXrTOv7OPipxaH6yX3va4mfElEIaz7gkUgOThUFDFjCRdMgYkJVwqCkmXC-1ZiyTMABbE6EH610l4GKl2nBAybFHhNXnbJh4tDvXcT5CLdnR5ktsJqwSlmWOhbrAINQUZXOIBip8ReAl8mzhi1DxE8Gr_Jx_W5BM9l7LbJV-OkaImyljEVRHW7o4AP_0fdcr43FwZ75fF8iZf5a4qB_2zB-RsF4BB0c54GpTQiPi2
Views:	99
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	372057 Click image for larger version

Name:	lYrB_MzO0q1vidkTM7RxIPU2lER6BAQ4O3TqDEpYN6_gy2FWT0JWUEjRIK7OfzOQ8u3mz6anFtVYjDLOruTs_FjuMbI9Ac_rrdUepnym9CAZgSHkdAldWC5IIlzKTr1cA87Xt7h4mzTMo7rWzYK2Y8JfIfwGaWWgI6vMJNZEsjM2iC0OgisB-Qou7IK6lvMYVBRMHteYx_p7jfv7QrS6oQyK_PyaNftMJkDSCOYPfv85Noe5-ioZVSo9znBx-8Z
Views:	100
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	372058

That is some very nice looking chert there on your Kirk! Awesome finds!
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Nice finds .Congrats....the material looks like chocolate swirl icecream
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Beautiful finds, love your Kirk!

Comment

In our area we don't find a lot of square knives, I would think perform or trade blank with a tip with point on it. Some nice finds.
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That Kirk is funkadelic....I love it.👍👍

is that rowcrop peanut Season?
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Good Hunting and Point, The swirl's are cool!
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice one for the frame. Still raining here but it’s cooler than May was which is nice
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Thanks for sharing those nice artifacts
                South Dakota

Comment

Your killing me .. I left the dust bowl and now there was rain yesterday again .
                  yes nice Kirk . I found what I thought was a mid section of a square knife but was corrected and out of the zone . From my material I think a type of chisel . If it’s tough enough it’s some type of tool or like Johnny said trade piece .

Comment

That peanut Field is a producer of good things !
                    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I gotta get me a peanut field to walk
                      corn I’ll take any permission .

Comment

Working...
                      X