A few more finds today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more finds today

Well after finding the quartz blade yesterday that I posted here, I was inspired to try again. This time my wife and I took a ride to one of my more remote spots. She relaxed and got some sun while I took a walk. I found two whole points and some broken pieces.

New York

Good walk, really like the little quartz point.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I wish my wife would go with me at least just once but never has. Nice ones
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife use to go with me, she brought me luck ! And she found some nice points too...I think she would still go but now she can hardly walk..I do ask her to go and just ride with me and watch from the pickup, but that’s no fun for her.. Keep asking...

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        See it’s the opposite , I can go for hours and every day and my husband is done in 1 . Some rare days if he is finding things he will stay out .

That's one of the better looking quartz points I've ever seen. I could be wrong, but going only one that one photo, I think the item in your second photo might be a scraper if it's not a worn broke.

Comment

Originally posted by filmiracl View Post
        That's one of the better looking quartz points I've ever seen. I could be wrong, but going only one that one photo, I think the item in your second photo might be a scraper if it's not a worn broke.
        Here's another look at the second item. I'm not sure what it's made of. It's a little rough but I'm pretty sure it's a complete point. Now when you say scraper are you talking about a tool for scraping hides? I would imagine there would be simple and more functional design for that purpose

New York

Comment

• filmiracl
          filmiracl commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly, don't know what to make of that thing... in any event, look up end scraper and you'll see what I mean. Some aren't just crude implements used for scraping hides, but well made for scraping whatever they wanted. The found two really nice ones at a woodland site I hunt.

Absolutely love that little bird point . It’s in great shape for quartz and has really nice detail . Looks like that might be a hot spot for that lithic .

Comment

Nice finds

Comment

Working...
          X