Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Arrow
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. I had never found one with a groove in it either, until this one.

• Broken Arrow
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, Ron. I was very happy to find it. This is my best complete hardstone celt. I just thought it was kinda rough toward the poll end until I washed it off and noticed that it had a nice small groove around it. This one is from Scott county Missouri. Same field I found my full grooved axe in.
    Last edited by Broken Arrow; 06-12-2019, 11:56 PM.

• Broken Arrow
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. Yes it is.

• Artifascination
    replied
    That’s awesome! I have never found one with a groove. Very cool find!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    Hey Andrew, That's a great find and a real nice celt. I have one grooved celt too. My grooved celt is from Ohio, Marian Co.

Leave a comment:

• flintguy
    replied
    Very nice. Any worked hardstone is a great find.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    started a topic Celt find from back in may

Celt find from back in may

The past few months have been slow hunting for me. In between moving and fields being planted I haven't had much time to get out. Back in may I was able to squeeze in a few days and on one of those days I pulled this nifty celt. Was just walking along and saw the poll end sticking out of the dirt. It was a type of stone that I don't see too often in that field and I just knew by the shape of what was sticking out that it had to be something. The question was, would it be a whole something? I gave it a kick and much to my enjoyment it popped out and was whole! The pics don't show it but it has a small groove pecked around it.
Working...
X