7/13 dig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/13 dig.

Today i dug a little. Probably 45 minutes. By myself. Not fun compared to when the family digs too. Here are the highlights. A hanna, made of gorgeous stone, with impact fracture that runs nearly to the base. A little uniface scraper, and a beautiful G10 something point, that i hesitate to classify. I would normally say it is a cottonwood leaf point, which is thought to be several thousand years younger than the hanna. But here's the thing..... it was a foot deeper in the ground than the hanna. Has to be older as this is undisturbed dirt. The craftsmanship is unreal.... i would appreciate any thoughts. Middle of Montana.
    Judith Basin, Montana

That one might be an Archaic Triangle? Although it’s way prettier than anything I can find a picture of....
    http://www.projectilepoints.net/Sear...nceolates.html. Towards the bottom of the page...
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
      That one might be an Archaic Triangle? Although it’s way prettier than anything I can find a picture of....
      http://www.projectilepoints.net/Sear...nceolates.html. Towards the bottom of the page...
      I see the similarities. Looks a lot like the knife above the one you mentioned, but its to small and thin. Thanks for the option!
      Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw that. It’s just either too small, or too nice to fit any of those. 🤷‍♂️

Sweet finds
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Hey Chad, I can't help with type but those are all real nice finds. I sure do like the impact fracture and that beautiful red scraper.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice dig!

Comment

Beautiful colors on those finds! I love that Lancelote looking point.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Amazing what you are finding. How deep are you digging?
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Very cool points.

Comment

Originally posted by gregszybala View Post
                  Amazing what you are finding. How deep are you digging?
                  As a rule i try to dig down to the clay layer with the backhoe. This spot it a little over six feet. It runs down toward the creek so the bank isnt level. I have to be careful where i stack the dirt as its right on the edge of the manicured lawn... about 60 yards from the house..
                  the perfect point was just a few inches above the clay. The the hanna was about a foot above that. The scraper was at the same level as the hanna. Maddies cache was right on the clay...
                  Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Between flaking and shape all indications is a Cottonwood Leaf. being below the hanna dose lend its self to another theory of ground movement. over the course of several thousands of years I am sure that with a multicomponent site that seems more of a hunting ground. there was a lot of activity and ground movement
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Nice artifacts congrats man
                      SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                      X