Couple nice Northeast Georgia scores.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple nice Northeast Georgia scores.

Found the Quartz Morrow first followed up by the stemmed point about three minutes later. I wish I would have stayed longer but I had to run unfortunately. The stemmed one is made of some type of flint but its not Coastal Plains. This points I find at this site are almost always made of quartz. Open to opinions on type and material. Its not black, more of a really dark green/brown. In Situ videos posted below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0431uMWsvoB39fhDEnhd2s5VDrkXJ2Qcu_tTCgubEHUP4BSu0Ew-N2DeJgg1Q7VWfo_OBMsOxlSFWhugE74i5yi5rOnl_4FsYCBUW_uVExTD9QLr2jGio1Sr3YOmgyBPhJ1ONpnjuf3WEu1V0Gk_j-BWGSqrKhXmA9uUclWhaEAXm1aSLqMHNZlGtVMnU25XBd1_NHXgVDaHsBvneCBXiTdzQfOD7kYG-Bd0CupqMqEHDLqE-IU-H-5ywCTZoKf Views:	1 Size:	79.5 KB ID:	379723 Click image for larger version  Name:	w4iJG6MUQsKgRJTdk93FONFOiIfuU2N3SmefZt1nGMSAeY4FZsy3KYlorEYdn5lQzNIXN_uy9qFolS8sfJRuw6JPV_cWoQUpEos3xa432ULAY7XUWRqEZBoygEmHIfBAMvOg2478hFk9OSYZ707cPrjfNvsn_pPhTjCqmVX2dQtDHxF8BC5fl4B_-jFF1zB4BUHoodQXIEabMt1-CTqtKF7QKB3CZlRdreKcOJKe5H5KdhR2uE9zxqk0FYMgFOr Views:	1 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	379724

Cotaco Creek and a Morrow Mountain. The CC I have found only one made of the green and brown material. In the creek it’s a different color than when it dries. Mine turned black and brown over the years
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of the Catacos are mistaken for Morrow Mountains Woodland made a lot of points that are very similar to the older points

Very nice finds. Congrats
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice finds
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Awesome finds man! Congrats!
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Your vids give me a rush too... Scores !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
          georgiafieldwalker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I watch all the youtube arrowhead hunter and love watching theirs.

Just love your video

Comment

Nice finds and video! The brown one could be a Morrow Mountain too. Nice banding on that material! Thanks for sharing. Keep them coming!

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
          Editing a comment
          Yes the banding is really cool. Debating soaking it in oil to see if they show even more.

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Mineral oil doesn’t hurt them soak away

• georgiafieldwalker
          Editing a comment
          I’ve had good and bad mineral oil experiences. A lot of mine especially the heat treated material comes out looking brilliant and in my opinion much nicer looking than pre soak.

But I’ve had others come out looking worse. These are usually my white patina’ed points. They turn a dull brownish color.

Love that broad point congrats on the finds
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

They are pretty nice
          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
          X