ID:	379940 Click image for larger version

Name:	E33B803A-DB07-4977-B410-08C4B8670485.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	379942 Click image for larger version

Name:	6FD2270D-34AD-42CB-B834-F6F85CD2B2B9.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	379937 Long time lurker, first time poster! I’ve only been hunting for maybe eight years so I’m kinda new to it compared to most around me that do it. South central Indiana had some major flooding in the early spring which I’m sure led to me having so many finds this year. I put 32 points in my good case this year, found a really nice pink granite grind stone, several pieces of pottery from a large bowl that I’ve been able to piece some of back together and a very nice translucent point. My most proud find was just a small broken point cause it was last piece I needed for one that I had found the first piece of six years ago! After finding the middle the attached to the base five years ago, I’ve never stopped looking. So I guess I just came on to show off and see if I could get your expertise in identifying material types on the points! Click image for larger version

Name:	3B4C76F3-D553-407B-9F80-AB330DBC9DC0.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	379938 Click image for larger version

Name:	69437BB6-FC4D-45C7-9A57-71174C895B7F.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	379941
    Attached Files

Wow congrats on these finds man. Translucent point is s'weet.cool pottery too.... welcome from Connecticut
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome from Ohio and the translucent point looks like Flint Ridge from the other side of Columbus. Love the pottery (found one piece of cord marked today in a creek) and that puts you on top of a village site.
      Good Luck over there, fldwlkr
      Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Wow only 8 years experience? I’m sure you have much more knowledge than you are letting on. That’s a really nice point the 1st one. Let’s see that case you mentioned don’t keep us in suspense on your best year of finds. My best year was 2015
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Now that’s concentration, to find all three sections is incalculable in odds ! Glad your aboard.... JJ
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Congrats on your finds.

Comment

Super points, but I will almost always gravitate towards the pottery.
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Welcome from NW Indiana and a great introduction!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post
                  Wow only 8 years experience? I’m sure you have much more knowledge than you are letting on. That’s a really nice point the 1st one. Let’s see that case you mentioned don’t keep us in suspense on your best year of finds. My best year was 2015
                  Ok, here’s a pic of my good case. Lots of them have a small break here and there, I only have a few that are beautiful and also not broken anywhere.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Most of mine has a nick and some are only half I like displaying the bases along with my good ones in a frame. Perfect nowadays is rare

• south fork
                    south fork commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice collection thanks for showing .

I’d like to see the black one and the striped one next to it if they aren’t glued in. You’ve got some real trophies in that case
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post
                  I’d like to see the black one and the striped one next to it if they aren’t glued in. You’ve got some real trophies in that case
                  Definitely not glued in! I think these are the two you wanted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I bet when you found that rhyolite one that made your day what a beauty , thanks for showing them
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Wapahani Gullywalker
                      Wapahani Gullywalker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The black one? About three steps off the road! There was another nice one about a step away from it as well.

• SurfaceHunter
                      SurfaceHunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No the other but both are good finds

Very nice collection. Welcome and thanks for sharing
                    South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                    X