I like 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like 2011

I had the best intentions of hunting this evening, but I have to cross my arrowhead field and a small creek. I've never even looked in this small branch that runs through my property before, but I guarantee I will from now on. I just happened to look down as I crossed the creek and saw this. Then ten feet down the creek I saw this. I ran out of daylight before I could get out there to hunt the rest of it. I can't wait till tomorrow!!!!!

Very nice. You are lucky to be able to get out. Most of the country frozen up tight. Great find

Comment

Nice finds, just like Wildhorse said, we're all froze up!  I have to wait until May to go hunt points, enjoy it!

Comment

Ya'll come to northeast Alabama. I'll put you on some points.

Comment

Sweet finds, did you never check this creek before? I wish I had a creek on my property. How much land do you have, I only have a 40 without creek but find points in creek less than mile from my property? Great finds!!!

Comment

ksrocks wrote:

Sweet finds, did you never check this creek before? I wish I had a creek on my property. How much land do you have, I only have a 40 without creek but find points in creek less than mile from my property? Great finds!!!
              No never found points in this creek before. It's really just a wet weather spring that runs through the center of the property. I recently had it dug out with a backhoe so I could bush-hog next to it. So a lot of it is newly eroded soil. By the way, I have 50 acres with a larger creek on the back side of it.

Comment

Nice stuff Sizemore! If you found that after a little backhoe action, you might want to consider sifting some dirt from the area with a screen! Nice stuff, we had a brief thaw here in the Buckeye state and found a thumb scraper, and a shard of flint that may have been a knife, hope to get pics on in the near future. To busy right at the moment. Great stuff Happy New Year for You! Bill

Comment

Thats great man, like I said no creek but do have natural terrace or very old farm terrace on my place. Have ofton thought about asking farmer that cuts my grass for hay about plowing those places. Just to see if anything is there after rain and soil settles. Read where you posted about turning ground, do you plow just to look for artifacts? Good Hunting joeroy !!!

Comment

ksrocks wrote:

Thats great man, like I said no creek but do have natural terrace or very old farm terrace on my place. Have ofton thought about asking farmer that cuts my grass for hay about plowing those places. Just to see if anything is there after rain and soil settles. Read where you posted about turning ground, do you plow just to look for artifacts? Good Hunting joeroy !!!
                    Yep. Thats pretty much all i plow my field for. Just to look for artifacts.

Comment

Very nice creek hunt what are you typing the last point as? Love the Snyder

Comment

ShowmeMoflint wrote:

Very nice creek hunt what are you typing the last point as? Love the Snyder
                      I THINK it is a resharpened Buzzard Roost Creek.

Comment

Working...
                      X