Points from one site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points from one site

Picture quality is bad but here is a picture of the points I've collected from one site I hunt. My grandpa has this many or more from the same spot (he owns the land). It always amazes me the diversity of point types and materials that you can find in one place. Seeing all these different materials just kinda got me wondering what some of y'alls favorite materials are?

That’s a nice collection you have there.👍👍
    My favorite lithic is horse creek or knife river. Both are hard to beat.
    my favorite point? Daltons. All forms of daltons.
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Looks like that site was occupied by people for years. There looks like a paleo piece and some archaic pieces so they were there many thousand years on and off. As far as material it could be same material with different color variations. Not familiar with your material.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

If that is representative of points from that site, it looks to be an Early Archaic site and perhaps Trans Paleo with some later period points as well. Lots of Big Sandy types and I thought I saw maybe a Dalton

Comment

Great one-site collection man!
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Tie between mahogany obsidian...or any coral from Florida! My favorite point type is the next one I find!
          North Carolina

Comment

• Flintfinder AR
            Flintfinder AR commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow coral, you should post a pic of an example, I would love to see that!

Okay, I have lithic envy! Here in SE VA it’s either quartz or quartzite, quartzite or quartz, quartz... er, need I say more? Congrats!
          Child of the tides

Comment

• Flintfinder AR
            Flintfinder AR commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I like the quartzite points too, but they don't seem to be too common here, or at least where I look

Black chert hands down for me comes in many varieties with color mixtures that’s my favorite. I might as well say late archaic and later cause that’s about all I find. Nice. On your collection of finds
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• Flintfinder AR
            Flintfinder AR commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks I appreciate it!
        Working...
        X