Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just found! Need help identifying and the value.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just found! Need help identifying and the value.

Found in Vanderburgh Co, Indiana.

Look up Cobbs blade and see if it’s a match
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Looks like it may have a bevel on it and if has a bevel it is most likely a Cobbs Blade like Surface Hunter said
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That's a dandy point you found. Congratulations. I think it is most likely a Cobbs. It bears a slight resemblance to Lerma but the broad base would not be typical of that type. There is a Lerma Rounded Base, also, that may be a possibility.. Lermas can exhibit beveling, as well. The two types, sometimes, can be difficult to distinguish between. Overstreet has some good photos of them as does the website projectile points.net. Neither types are very common compared to others you may find and to find either would be special to me. In my old collection of about 1200 positve IDed points, I had only 3 Cobbs and 2 Lermas. My old hunting grounds in N. AL & mid TN has many of the types one can expect to find in your area, especially the really old types.

Comment

Firstly, you can’t put a value on it. That things has probably pierced the belly of many Buffalo as there may have been as many as a 50 million Buffalo roaming North America at the time is was flaked. We can’t begin to imagine the enormous herds of grazing animals at that time.
          Last edited by Whippoorwill; 09-28-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Firstly, you can’t put a value on it. That things has probably pierced the belly of many Buffalo as there may have been as many as a 50 million Buffalo roaming North America at the time is was flaked. We can’t begin to imagine the enormous herds of grazing animals at that time.
            Last edited by Whippoorwill; 09-28-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Very nice but we DON'T discuss value on this forum.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

We can’t discuss price anyway but you can look it up and compare. Yours would probably fall into the field grade category and it also has a ding near the tip. You may never find another so you might want to hang onto it for a while. Might regret selling it later. Any of us if we were to find one would love to have it. I have only 1 in my collection that I have found in 8 years.
                NW Georgia,

Comment

• Jethro355
                  Jethro355 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree. I have zero in 45+ years of hunting.
              Working...
              X