mailbox hardin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mailbox hardin

Don't buy points but this is the 3rd one over the years I have. I am making a new frame for my un-mounted hardins and am short 1 and knowing I will probably not find a nice one now due to my limited walking I saw this one on ebay and it was from the same Co. in MO that I hunt so figured I'd chance it. Turned out to be a super point. The lithics look like keokuk chert ? . The bevel is quite heavy. This must of been a real honker as laying on a 4-1/2" hardin .290 thick it looks like it would of been bigger. It is 2-1/4" long but .350 thick No doubt it is authentic. Would of liked to seen it as new.
    SE IA

Man, that's a great one! I'd be careful about ebay though. I've seen too many bad ones to trust it.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• oldrocks2
      oldrocks2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your right on ebay, this was my first and last. Looking at everything there is a whole lot of fakes. Just wanted 1 hardin and this one looked good and it is.

Very pretty Hardin!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Hi OR2. Wowee and Zowee! A beautiful point. Looks like you done good. If it passes muster with KFG/Josh I have no reason to suspect it. Good score.

Comment

Should be a good addition to your frame!
        South Dakota

Comment

That's a beauty
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
          X