Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late september finds from the burn site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late september finds from the burn site.

Took another trip out to the burn site at the end of last month. It wasn't super productive but I pulled a few points.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Nice finds, worth the time. But any time spent walking a site is great.
    SE IA

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I agree.

Hey andrew how you doing man. Nice points.......cool drill......you done good
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Red! Doing ok man. Settling in to the new house nicely and everything has been smooth sailing for the most part. Hope all is well up your way. Thanks, Red. Up until this spring/summer I hadn't found a drill and now I've got 3 or 4 in the collection.

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Good smooth sailing is good....point in the first pic is nice......one you sent me is very similar in design....im gonna put a pic in here down below...tell me what u think

I’ve been wondering where you were missing your finds. You did good glad you’re back
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, SH. Just been a little busy with life. Summer was slow hunting so I didn't have many finds to speak of. With fall getting here, life should slow down and the finds should start picking up and I'll be around more.

Nice finds. That first one sure looks like an Ohio Ashtabula. You are still out in Missouri right? That style always intrigues me, they all have that lopsided look. Done the same way every time.
    Central Ohio

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Flint. Yeah, still in Missouri. Down here that type is called a Table rock. The one in the pic has a shoulder knick which is why it has that lopsided look.

Nice finds and good to see you posting again as others have said.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Johnny. I'll be more active now that things are slowing down around here.

Hey, you pulled out more points in a month, than I have...ever. Great finds! Burlington chert?
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Ethan. I'm still waiting on you to start pulling points. I know they are around there somewhere. That first one is burlington. I'm not sure on the others though.

Great finds, new house, old phone. Congrats ...!
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, JJ. Lol, yeah, my phone isn't getting any younger.

Here it is. ..one you just found and mine Click image for larger version

Name:	image000000_05.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	396439 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191009_110053_01.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	396440
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      There are similarities but I think yours would go somewhere in the Dickson contracting stem cluster (something like a Gary sub-type) and mine is a table rock type.

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man i was trying to type it

Your calling it the burn site did they burn the crop off after harvest? Farmers used to do that I wish they would do it again.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it is rumored that it was a meeting place. There is a large area in the field that is charred black from repeated fires. Probably a midden. I've also heard tale that there was a mound there that was leveled back when they started farming the area.

Hey BA, nice finds. Good to see you posting again!
    South Carolina

Comment

Working...
X