Camp on a big spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp on a big spring

Found what seems to have been a decent sized camp this weekend. I'm calling it The big spring camp because it is located on a flat uphill from a very large spring. I've only been able to look around for about 30-45 minutes, but already have a few decent finds. There sure is a lot of Flakes in the area. The site is located in North Central Arkansas. There is an old house place on the flat, and according to , tmy grandfather, there use to be a big garden there where many birdpoints were found.

Sounds like a good spot if you found all them
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice finds....and good spot u found ..apparently
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Flintfinder AR
        Flintfinder AR commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! It was nice to find a new place to look, I've been having a hard time finding much lately at my other spots.

Looks like you are on to a real good site that may produce artifacts representing a very long time. I will be interested in seeing what else this site produces for you. Good luck.

Comment

• Flintfinder AR
        Flintfinder AR commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I certainly hope you are right, it is only about a mile and a half or so from my best site. My family as a whole as found well over 100 points there. I'm curious to see if point types match up well.

Sounds great ! Vulture the site...By that I mean find the outer perimeter, circle it and go in for the harvest ...Good show!
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I hope you didn’t have to drag that mortar very far. That thing is huge!
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Flintfinder AR
          Flintfinder AR commented
          Editing a comment
          Fortunately it was right near a road I could drive on! Sorry it took so long to reply, I appreciate the comments!

Went back to this site today. There's not a lot of bare ground to search. The only spots too search are ruts in the road. I really like the spot. There are tons of Flakes, and at least 4 or 5 different material types, or at least color variances. I don't know materials well. Didn't find much today. One broke that would of been a dandy, and some sort of large scraper with one smooth face and very sharp edges. This camp is very cool. There is an old cc camp located right where the most productive spot is. The old foundations are still there. The spring down in the holler is also very strange. The water comes out in dozens of spots in probably 60-70 yard stretch of the hill. The strangest part is that the water comes out of the ground about 50 feet up from the creek bed. I know the info isn't really about artifacts, but I thought it would be cool to describe the area! I'll take pictures next time I'm there.

Comment

Last one could be a scraper. I have a field near a spring I look on just as soon as they are done with the harvest. It’s my winter go to spot. After a good rain look for washout areas. They always produce for me. Good Luck
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Excellent finds
            South Dakota

Comment

Nice finds!
              Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
              X