Paleolithic Native American Stone Tool, Arrowhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleolithic Native American Stone Tool, Arrowhead

Hello all. I'm looking to potentially sell some of my pieces. Is there a place on this site that I can list them?

You can rent a store and sell them that way. Send a PM to Hoss maybe he will have a idea for you. I know the site buys collections but to just post them for sale it’s not allowed
    NW Georgia,

Comment

You can show 'em without selling 'em boom. Why you selling anyway?
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Thank you surface hunter! I've got several reasons for selling. Mainly because my guy and I are trying to build our own house (literally we are going to build ourselves) and I need the cash, and I've purchased a small piece of property that I would like to make a small dent into the amount that I owe on the place.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Show some maybe someone will contact you just don’t discuss price in open forum

Do you have a large collection ? Like Tom I’d like to see....
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Well, when I say I have a TON, I'm talking probably close to a literal ton of rock and artifacts. Some are probably a little less than obvious and pictures do not do them justice. I would upload a ton of pics, but for some reason can't figure out how to get my pictures on my phone to be the correct size

Comment

Woo hook! Got a couple to work! And it's of my favorite piece! Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	398282 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	398283
          Last edited by Hoss; 10-19-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	398287 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	398288 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	398289 Here's another that I find extremely interesting.
            Last edited by Hoss; 10-19-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

You cannot sell them on the forum pages you sent a note on the email side if Brock has not contacted you yet it is because he was at a show all day. Nice blade but it is field grade and the other interesting thing as you say is just a rock.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Curious as to what makes it field grade? I've tried to look for literature on how to grade artifacts and arrowheads, and come up empty every time.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                  SurfaceHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Color and quality mainly also workmanship of the piece is all considered when you are looking at a piece. Any collector would enjoy finding that one but most buyers are looking for high grade points for their collection. High grade is very hard to come by.

• Cecilia
                  Cecilia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just call opposite field grade “museum quality”. I only know those two types: mine and theirs (museums’)!

There's always so much to learn! No matter how much research you've done and how much you think you might know! 🤣

Comment

You may find this entry in our Information Centre helpful:

Factors that influence the grade of points Condition: Perfection is the rule. Nicks, chips and breakage will reduce the grade. Size: A larger point will grade

In general "museum quality" is a non-preferred term in the collecting community since it has no real meaning. It's a term mostly used by sellers of artefacts to bump up the perceived desirability of what they are selling.

I would just comment that what you've shown so far, coupled with your comment that of the 'ton' of artifacts you have "some are probably a little less than obvious and pictures do not do them justice" leaves me a little disconcerted. I would be concerned about whether you have a collection that's going to realise the kind of money that will make a significant dent in your mortgage. I hope I'm wrong.
                  I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• ChrisM
                    ChrisM commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I apologize if my level of intelligence was not properly conveyed in any of my previous posts. The majority of my collection is of tools, knives, and what I believe to be sculptures. You see, there were extensive signs of a potential settlement located on the property that I previously owned in Missouri. The property, coupled with the ancient creek bed (denoted by the layer of blue clay several inches below the surface) that ran through, allowed me the opportunity to amass a large collection.

Are the majority of the artifacts considered "museum grade "? Possibly not. That's why I'm here. To learn and educate myself on what, and how to grade some of the artifacts that I have so I have more of an idea of which ones to potentially sell and which ones to keep.

Do I think every piece is important and should be considered valuable? Absolutely! The sheer thought of a stone that was worked on by a human being, to be used as a tool in their normal every day life, potentially thousands of years ago, and you can hold it in your hands today, is kind of mind blowing if you really think about it. The thought that one of the many scrapers that I've found could have potentially helped a native American skin and clean a mammoth?? How could people not get excited? When I get the chance I'll dig through my boxes and fing some quality piecrs
                Working...
                X