Quick picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick picks

I was able to sneak away for a few min and skim through one of my boxes. Now that I have the whole camera/photo size thing figured out, I thought a would share a few with you guys. Oh, and please excuse the paint on my hand!

Would help to know area in which these utility blades came from ...JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, and I think your profile pic exhibits a fulgurite .. ( Natural glass formed by lightning strike on sand )

• ChrisM
      ChrisM commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry about that! I got excited about getting the pictures to work, lol. All of these came from my old property ear Springfield MO.

Here is another piece that I found pretty close to the one in my profile pic. I'll have to get pics of them without me playing with my camera lol

Comment

Not trying to be mean or rude but I’m not sure I see any artifacts in these pictures. Some can be explained as simple creek chatter from rocks tumbling through a creek and fracturing then getting wedged as smaller rocks come across them and knock an edge. I never really thought about it in the past until I started looking harder at the rocks in the creeks and noticed.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      “Creek chatter”. I do like just the sound of that term!

Could also be reduction pieces on some
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Not mean, just honest. It's hard when all we have to go off of is 2 dimensional pictures. Here's a better picture of the edge of the white piece.

Comment

I would say the white pieces could of been reduction pieces and could of been used maybe once and then tossed but the ones with water stain on them I believe are probably just the natural creek chatter.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I'm going to agree with SurfaceHunter. Just my opinion, but they all look natural to me. Creek tumbled in some cases. You posted a nice older looking point on another thread. Hold that one side by side with your other examples here. You should see tight, deliberate flaking on the point that is absent from the other pieces. Not all tools will have flaking all over, some just on the edge, but it will be pretty obvious and consistent in a linear manner. Keep looking, you are finding the right material, they just don't look like artifacts to me.
          Central Ohio

Comment

Working...
          X