50+ years of Hardins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50+ years of Hardins.

Haven't found anything this month to post so thought I would post some hardins. About 80% were found late 60s early 70s. All personal finds cept the colored point 3rd on botton of long frame. Bought from finder to finish filling the frame. It's good as it gets and from a county I have found hardins from. The good old days. 22 hardins in 50+ yrs. figures about 3/4 of a point a yr. Have 3 times that in brokes. Dang the good old days were great.
    SE IA

Very nice on those. One day I will have a quality collection like that but no Hardins of course
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• oldrocks2
      oldrocks2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't rule out a hardin in your area. There have been some found in GA.

Dang O2, those were Hardin’s to come by.... Great history saves too !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooooohh broooother...

Real nice display.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice display, I have only found one South Eastern Hardin in that time period
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• oldrocks2
        oldrocks2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know there are southern hardins found but have never seen one. Do they have the usual hardin shape or are they a little different.

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine don't look quiet like yours, I could post a photo of it here if you would like

• oldrocks2
        oldrocks2 commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be great. I note the differences in the ones I find all in a 50 mile area and like seeing the variations. Yours would probably be way different.

WOW!!! that is one awesome collection and beautiful examples of the Hardin type.

i have yet to knap one that actually looks like a Hardin,but i know a couple guys who can make some that are damn near perfect replicas.

again,AWESOME collection

Comment

Superb display and collection . .wow man. U were fortunate
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Two great frames of Hardins. Still waiting to find one even close to the shape those are in. Congrats.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Impeccable display! Wonderful pieces in there, especially that big ol' white on in the center. Years well spent!
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I have never found one . They don't have them back in the North East.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yup, probably the best of the lot. Oddly I remember the morning I found it. I was half way threw a snickers bar for breakfast. I yelled at my buddy and lost the half I had just bitten off. It wasn't even covered, just laying flat on the sand looking at me. I really got pumped back then.
                SE IA

Comment

That's a beautiful collection
                  South Carolina

Comment

Wow!!! Just wow!!!
                    North Carolina

Comment

Nice collection oldrocks....thanks for sharing
                      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

This is the Hardin oldrocks, it was well used up. Little dark but flash washes out detailsClick image for larger version  Name:	100_6696.JPG Views:	1 Size:	50.6 KB ID:	399355
                        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Working...
                        X