Cleaning day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning day!

We have finally found a time to pull away from building and start to sort through and clean some artifacts and rocks! I know the two rocks are a type of chert. Just dont know what kind. I had seen a thread on here where someone purchased a point made out of the same stuff, but I dont remember the name of it.

The last two are definitely flakes. Depending on your region, they look like keokuk chert to me.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember Chris, as Tam says, flakes artifacts, too!

That white one is Chert and the one on the right might have been a utilized flake knife . Is it uniface

Comment

Both white pieces are bifaced. I know that those two are chert. Just don't know what kind of rock or chert the other two rocks are.

Comment

The first two are jasper with inclusions, chalcedony is the white stuff...lots of pics on net to search for possible id
        San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

Where are you from Chris?
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

I've lived in Southwest Missouri near Springfield for the past 12 years. Just recently relocated to Virginia. Military beat at heart with 4 years of Service in the Air Force myself.
            Last edited by ChrisM; 10-29-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              My father in USAF, then after retired, taught ROTC next 20 yrs. This lil’ bit of “synchronicity”!
              Last edited by Cecilia; 11-02-2019, 07:33 AM.
          Working...
          X