Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me if this is a artifact n if so what it is? Found it in Safell, Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if this is a artifact n if so what it is? Found it in Safell, Arkansas

I found this walking along a field road, it looked like it was a Indian artifact so I keep it. I picked up in Safell Arkansas. It's where 2 rivers meet the Strawberry river n black river. It's about 3 inches long I believe.

From that side, I don't see any evidence that it being a artifact......it looks like a natural stone maybe in the shape of a arrowhead.

Comment

Not an artifact in my opinion. Show some other pics. the other side, the side view. Thanks
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Wendy, sorry to get off topic, but I was stunned to see your post and the Name “Saffell”...
        like, I've lived here (Arkansas)my entire life and maybe know a dozen people who know where that is.
        my Grandfather was born there, and sharecropped land where the Strawberry and Black meet. He moved away from there in the 1910’s because of flooding....ended up settling outside Helena and took up farming there.

My Grandma was born in Strawberry, and a couple years ago I went up looking for family history in the old cemeteries in the area. I found a lot of my ancestors planted up there.

As far as I’m concerned, that’s sacred ground.😁. It certainly is beautiful up there.
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• wendy13
          wendy13 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a small world isn't it. I'm orginally from Marvell Ark n West Helena n Helena was my stopping ground lol. I've been living around these parts for about 25 yrs now n it still floods in Safell bottoms. I can remember years ago when Strawberry n black rivers bluff banks n walls were narrow but they have widened so much over the years.

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          I graduated from Marvell in 1986....😮

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does you last name start with a G and end with a T?
      Working...
      X