No announcement yet.

My best surface find ever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for info everyone. It will be a long time before I’m able to dig in what I’m calling shelter L1 . If I find enough in a couple other locations I throw up a post.

Comment

Hi SGT Digger, A dandy little point you found. From what I see, I would call it a Hamilton. You may want to read my reply to Clovisoid to get a better idea about my thinking. Hamilton's were first named from a site in East Tennessee by a professional archeologist but who know exactly where they originated exactly. They likely predate the Madison triangle.

Comment

Comment

Not sure if you can read captions . There’s a large grinding slab that I have yet to move I just cleaned some dirt off the top to see that it was one . Also the fire ring looks like whoever the last visitor was took several grinding stones and a few other rocks that were laying around to make up the circle. I left a nutting stone slab down there too that I dug up about 3 inches under soil along with a nice nut buster / grinding stone several feet away from the nutting slab. When I get em out and cleaned up I’ll shoot some pics . I may just leave this open as a running thread and put stuff up as I find it. I’m going to leave the fire ring alone for now even though theres cool grinding stones

Comment

I finally figured out how to get the video upload/link . Here’s the in situ video . See if it works https://youtu.be/YugSQJDoHS8

Comment

Hey Sgt. ...yes it worked... nice.....man that looks like a good place to score some artifacts
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
              X