2nd week of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd week of 2020

Had another warm up last week got out twice and found both times. This is probably the most productive January I’ve ever had..snowed about 3” last night and 5-8 more tonight...Blah, hoping for another thaw in February, probably gonna be iced up here awhile after tomorrow. Heads and tails of my goodies with a kiss for size reference. Keep telling myself if I’m finding the small ones, I’m hopefully not missing the big uns. The little black unifaced end scraper is a sweetheart , I’ve never met a scraper I didn’t like.

Those are all great but, I agree, the scraper is the pick of the litter.

Very very nice.
    California

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried getting close ups of the uniface, couldn’t get it to focus well on the flaking.. probably time to get a new phone case. I’m not sure if you like it or the hafted scraper.

Nice way to get one more in before the big freeze and snow. Productive two days!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg, been a weird winter so far this year. I’ve stayed off a couple spots..hoping for some February finds from them.

Nice finds, scraper is very nice.
    SE IA

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir, looking forward to seeing some Burlington Chert beauties from you this year!

Guess I'm going to have to get me some almond kisses so I can have some luck on my hunts, very nice finds
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely have a sweet tooth, sugar yourself up and get out there! Hope you can get in the creeks soon man.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I could still flooded and more rain. After I get done painting I have to work on my deck. Price of deck wood isn't getting any cheaper. Go get some more

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      We got more freezing rain today then snow, but at least an inch or two on everything..rain has it crusty. They had big stretch of highway N of me closed today multiple car pile up. More snow next 2 days they keep switching back and forth from 3-5 to 5-8” by Monday eve. We were past due, I’m hoping for a February warm up, I have plenty of delayed inside house projects to get finished up if not lol.

Looks like you may be on an Early Archaic site from a couple of things I see. Yee, haw! Will look forward to seeing what other artifacts that site produces. Good luck.

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Joe, early archaic points are my favorite. Most of my spots are woodland to mid archaic, I always get excited to find a spot that has bifurcated points.

You’re doing very well
    South Dakota

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Gary, the snow is probably going to keep me out of the mud for awhile.. yard has been a swampy mess which equals muddy hounds. Kind of looking forward to a break from dog washing, crazy how they love to run through mud puddles but then fight you the whole way through the bath

Nice scores Carl bifurcated points are sweet I like the scrapers too. We're getting the snow today
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope that snow heaves up another big chunk of that pot for you Red, and some points!!

Great finds GP I hope the snow and mud disappear sooner than later.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a select cut done on my woods out back of the house this past summer and the dogs love to run the muddy logging roads.. might be a muddy 2020 for me lol. Should probably be seeding them in clover or something for the deer instead of rock hunting all the time lol.

Nice finds Carl! Really like that hafted scraper. I haven't been out in a while, trying to get my farm equipment ready for spring. Now its snowing, they are calling for 3-5" down here today.
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you’re talking deep plow lol. We need to get out on a hunt together this spring.

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, gonna have to moldboard plow the produce section of the farm this spring, dumped about 6" of manure on it in the fall then planted rye so it will need to be turned under. Also thinking about using the moldboards on the south end, lots of bean and corn fodder on that field. Would certainly like to get a hunt in with you this spring.

Hunt deer or hunt points?......that is the question. Nice finds.
    North Carolina

Comment

Killer little points..congrats...Agree about that scraper, very nice.
      North Central Kentucky

Comment

Yes I am with Sailor with the excitement ! Nothing like a hafted scrapper to start the year .

Comment

Nice hunts. That is a sweet looking scraper!
          keep on keepin after

Comment

Working...
          X