They're all Broke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're all Broke!

Well if there is something as a group we like that others don't it's a big rain event. We definitely had one here in NC after the rains stopped It was time to go hunting. I hit my Guilford/Halifax site in Mecklenburg County NC first and was amazed by the amount of erosion. Well it's finally totally done the good dirt was bulldozed away and now it's part of the Charlotte concrete jungle. A Little frustrated I had to change plans and head to York County SC. I hunted a big area with incredible erosion and ended up finding a few but they were all broken. Just happy to find some maybe next time the whole one will be there. The Quartz knife with the one notch is super sharp and my favorite. The two Guilfords are broken at the top and bottom. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6250.PNG Views:	62 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	423332 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6243.PNG Views:	63 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	423333
    Last edited by Hoss; 02-12-2020, 01:58 PM.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

I’d think you kicked butt ! Is that a marble ?
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JJ yea keeping my numbers on par but can't find a whole one this year. Yea it's a random marble. Loved shooting marbles as a kid but that was with a slingshot.

Nice finds, also looks like a marble to me ?
    SE IA

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks oldrocks yea the marble has a faint pattern wish I knew how to age a marble.

Well you're still ahead of me I've only found one broken point. No whole ones yet but I'm sure it will happen for both of us. I'm sure each one got your heart rate up just to end up in a sigh.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Bet your luck changes after the creeks go down. My local creeks haven't seen a flood like this in years.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Just as soon as they get a little low another storm system will slide in. Flood watch again for tonight

Nice finds nice quartz points.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks willjo!

Good finds. I could swear I found a marble size petrified pearl one time . Ended up loosing it or misplaced it. I’ve moved to many times

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SGT!

Good finds, I always like finding marbles out in plowed fields. I always figure it was a kid with a wrist rocket. I’ve added my share to the landscape over the years myself lol. Sad that they hauled your site away, do you keep finds together by site? Would be cool to see all your saves from there in a group.

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      I still like shooting a wrist rocket. I keep a digital record of my sites and finds but don't always separate them in frames. Yea I should post a total site find! The site was a very small but productive area 10 by 5yards. Thanks GP!!

I find marbles on campsites, don’t make much sense... Click image for larger version

Name:	0BD418AB-7A13-4451-B17A-809F68F90FA2.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	423364 Click image for larger version

Name:	5018BC94-2127-4951-8C15-6C6FFCE7050B.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	423363
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no clue how old the marble is but most my modern junk I find around here is 1940 and50's. Your marbles look quite different then the ones I find.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Crows

A bad day hunting artifacts (and marbles) is better than a good day at work!!!
    North Carolina

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Call me crazy but I usually enjoy my job, but yea all day there I dream about getting disgustingly dirty finding artifact's!!

Nice stuff.
    Utah

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks smbore!

Glad you are able to get out. All nice finds! We had massive flooding last Thursday. I tried to go yesterday for a bit but I can't get in the field. It was recently worked and the clay was sucking me down. Been like this since January. Sigh, maybe by April it will dry out around here.
    South Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Your probably getting my rain from yesterday today and when its done getting cold again

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josie I see we do have more rain coming. When your finally able to get out there I hope you leave with a pocket full of beauties.

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Pick up a pair of muck boots . I think I went into not Cabalas( sp ) but the other big ones and picked up a cheap version Josie . Like wearing memory foam with nice tire grip .

Proper boots can fix that Josie!
    North Carolina

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. I have the proper boots. I need a wench.

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol!!! A wench she says!

Broke or not, still a great haul, sugaree

The knife is a cracker and I like the wiggly drill too (if that's what it is).

California

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tom!

Very nice finds...I’ve been on 5 hunts since the new year and have nothing to show for it...still in the scouting stage so hopefully things will get better....all of my old spots have been commercialized. It’s like starting all over.....Congrats
    Last edited by KyChipStone; 02-12-2020, 04:10 AM.
    North Central Kentucky

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that. My best fields where I found 50 points last year just sold for homesites. I'm bummed about it

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks KyChertHunter! I hope your luck changes and your 6th hunt brings home the goods! I

A bit beat up but that's a good days hunt!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg!
Working...
X