love the deer tracks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• love the deer tracks!

Came upon this beauty about 30 minutes ago. It was laying flat with just a bit of the middle showing. Saw the material was the right color and investigated. My mind was already saying broke, when to my delight I saw it wasent a scraper

but an arrowhead! Sandy

Nice point Sandy!!! It looks serrated as well, post up a cleaned up pic when you get a chance.
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

:laugh: Taking measurements now. Will take pics with my Kodak in a bit. I'm still drooling and need to call my brother! Lol
        Some info.
      length 2 1/8
      Width 1 1/2
      Both notches are 3/8
      Base length is 1/2
                Width is 1 1/4
      Beveled on base and blade.  Maybe early to middle archaic. Haven't cracked the books yet.
      Forgot to add thickness which is about 7 mm. Couldn't find my calipers so I did it old school.

Comment

Wow. Thats a beauty...Nice pics.

Comment

Great find!! keep it up! B)

Comment

SCHWEET!!!

Comment

Very nice point. Kinda looks like a variety of Thebes.
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Wow, very nice Sandy, touch call on the type, 1st guess Stilwell and old!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Very nice point. Kinda looks like a variety of Thebes.
                    I'm along that line too.

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

thank ya! This one has been a long time coming, considering how often I've been looking. S

Comment

Very nice, Sandy! A long time coming finally arrived!  Congrats!

Comment

Sweet point. Glad the deer didn't sign its name to it. Had cows,plows,trucks and about everything  else break them but not a deer that I know of yet.

Comment

Thanks Shartis, I'm still shocked it wasent broken!

Comment

Long time indeed Pam. Hope this "fix" last awhile. But I have to admit after picking up kids and running errands I had about 30 minutes to check out that spot again before dark!  :lol: Sandy

Comment

[QUOTE]Dandielyonwine wrote:

Originally posted by gregszybala post=43150
                              thank ya! This one has been a long time coming, considering how often I've been looking. S
                                I just checked on the Stilwells and wanted to let you know that was a cool guess. I can see where you were coming from. But take a look at plate 3 items b, d and e. In Noel Justice's book and tell me what you think.
                              But only....    If your not busy and have an inclination too.

Comment

Working...
                              X