• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame no.36 in a series.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	436348 Tools and such from West central Florida. Have to do it in two segments. Point no’s 1 and 2 are a great teaching tool. They are finger scribers, the fractured area is lightly ground, and they have two scribers each.photo no.2 and 3,. No’s. 3 and 4 show resharpening process, And 5 is jus plain nice, and gets three glamour shots, photos no. 4-5 and 6.. 7 I like cuzz , blue and green are almost non existent in lithics from West Central Florida.. Photo no. 7 is no. 7. Not in sequence!Click image for larger version

Views:	127
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	436343 Click image for larger version

Views:	123
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	436344 Click image for larger version

Views:	127
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	436345 Click image for larger version

Views:	123
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	436346 Click image for larger version

Views:	128
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	436347 . Click image for larger version

Views:	161
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	436342
    Floridaboy.

This my favorite frame so far, Hal. I love tools, maybe because but for coupla points, that’s all have. And this Tool needed to be taught today’s unexpected lesson, since never heard of finger scriber before now. Have usual dozen Qs, but will seek answers on own first. Thanks!

p.s. drill (?) looks like miniature Excalibur!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      I don know if finger scribers are a valid name . I’m trying to describe tools that I think. Haven’t been described before.. I’m trying to break new ground concerning what some of the stuff we find is used for .Nuff about that.The piece in photos 4-5 and 6 does not have any drill type wear on the tip.. i.e.such as polish or damage that you would expect from a twisting motion, therefore I cannot call it a drill. I’ll be showing the other half of this frame and will include examples of tip wear .. final note . I worked to build a good study collection ,so folks would kinda understand the people who fashioned the artifacts.

Cool tools Hal. Excellent frame
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Might as well mention ...piece no. 1 is what’s left of an approximately 3 1/2 “ Marion point.. fig. 2 is the remanent of a larger Newnan point also.. Marion and Newnan bases are the clue.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Cool frame Hal

Comment

Working...
        X