G10 Dovetail (almost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G10 Dovetail (almost)

Spent a week going through a few boxes of finds from years past. Mostly brokes and scrapers etc. Found this dove in one and tried to do a little restoration. First attempt at it and looks better but still a broke. Wont put it in a frame as it would cast doubt on everything. Made 4 attempts and finally got it fair. Tried different things but wound up crushing a piece of flint about the same color down to flower fine then mixed it with epoxy and filled in the missing areas shown in the 3rd pic. Box was marked 89 IL. Don't remember where for sure but do remember it was a creek find, hard to forget a find like that but managed to. It's 4 " long. Looks better but sure wish it would of been whole. O well another batch of boxes next week, might try a 2/3 clovis I know is somewhere up there.
    SE IA

Good work. If you found it, nothing wrong with framing it in my opinion.

One option might be to take that, the Clovis, and some other nice points you likely have in boxes and restore a frame worth of them then and just label the frame as restored points.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Awesome touch up, what a beautiful point before and after!!

Comment

That's a beauty.
        Central Ohio

Comment

Hey Lawrence, I really like that beautiful Dovetail!!! The flaking on that thing is awesome.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• oldrocks2
            oldrocks2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Ron.Would of been the best I found and longest.

Sweet point...
          North Central Kentucky

Comment

Nice job! But still a beauty.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Your going to have to say where it was broken I cant tell. I'd put it in a frame it's a beauty. Shouldn't hide it.
              NW Georgia,

Comment

I agree with everyone, this thing is a killer. If I found it, be right in the frame... especially since you restored it so well
                NE Ohio surface hunter

Comment

Exactly! ! !
                  Floridaboy.

Comment

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post
                    Your going to have to say where it was broken I cant tell. I'd put it in a frame it's a beauty. Shouldn't hide it.
                    The 3rd photo shows where the break was you have to blow it up.
                    SE IA

Comment

Working...
                    X