• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about muddy

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200522_123454.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	455796 You guys that walk muddy fields must have some skill. I tried it today but will have to let it dry up before I go back. Slipping and a sliding isn't my thing. So I found the big scraper tool there before I left. Went home and called the owner of my summer spot. All of the good side has been sold but I get the other side to walk still. Walked it a bit then jumped in the creek. Found some more scraper tools. All points were broken. Maybe next time I will score one. N GA Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200522_151023.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	455792 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200522_163041.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	455793 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200522_131314.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	455794 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200522_114440.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	455795
    NW Georgia,

Hopefully the side your on will produce just as well ! Nice scores...
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Thanks I did find all of the black ones there today in the creek
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice finds Surface, I know how you feel about losing a area, i just lost one of mine.
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I found over 60 points in the section I lost Last year.

Nice finds, and nice looking material...Looking at that field brought back memories..
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Hal it was better than sitting at home. Although my knees are saying different

I know what you mean! I went out yesterday and was only searching just on the edge because it was so wet. You know, there’s always that one piece shining beckoning you to come just 8 feet into the field. I got stuck with my legs crossed over because I was trying to turn around. Luckily, my husband was close by and had to come help me. But then I had to hear about it from him. Twisted my knee, but I got a nice quartz point out of it, lol. Glad you found some. It is WET here. We’ve had about six inches of rain this week.
        South Carolina

Comment

That's how I got the tool I saw it and had to get it. Corn is only a couple inches tall so next week will be better I hope. The site is in the middle which is hard to get to.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice finds Glenn the mud is tuff ur black stuff is looking like toms from California!
            SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Picture didn't come out good on the 2 in hand they actually are much more

Nice job SH!
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              It was a long day

I spent over three hours slogging through the flooded end of my search field a couple of weeks ago. Mud and water don’t make for easy hunting but I am staying out of the newly planted area for a bit. Only found a quartz preform but I got my fix for the day. My area of Michigan has been hammered by rain lately hopefully some new finds will turn up👍
            Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              You can keep the mud

Been hammered with rain here as well..Hopefully it will move some rocks around for some good hunting soon..Nice day!
            North Central Kentucky

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't been to the newer property for 9 months should be some good ones

The broken point is a Pickwick, the long one in hand is a burnin scraper tool. The oval is a nice scraper with a Spokeshave on one side, the quartz one is the most interesting one. One end has a chisel tip, opposite end has a end scraper look the middle edges are sharp for cutting and one side has a Spokeshave on it. I believe it was a hand held tool couldn't say for what. Thanks for the replies
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Boot-sticking, leg-sapping mud. I hate it. Would always wait a few days to avoid it. Plus the rocks come up filthy and so you end up with pockets full of dirt and sometimes you can't be sure what you've even found till you wash off at home. No, leave mud for hippos.

Great finds though, SH.
              California

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                The long black one in hand I might be holding it upside down. Haven't had time to look at them in more detail yet.

I can't do muddy fields either for the same reasons tom mentioned, plus i got tired of my shoes getting stuck, many of times I had to hop on 1 foot to put a muddy shoe back on the other foot.
              🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm glad I changed my tenny shoes to boots before I walked it. Might take my mud boots tomorrow instead of my canvas ones.

gonna be good when it dries out a little.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm hoping so got a little rain tonight but I'm going tomorrow hoping it isn't muddy again. Its a drive
            Working...
            X