Nice find at work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice find at work today

Was finally able to get my full 1/2 hour morning break today so I headed outback at work and came back with this beauty! Not quite sure what type it is yet I have to do a little research. Any thoughts on type would be appreciated
    Warren County New Jersey

Cool material, no idea what type it is though.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Do you have Copena in your area? If so I would lean towards that. It's a good looking find
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• HBird
        HBird commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think Copena’s are up this far north.

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw how thick it was and it had what looked like a stack I have some like it and most say Copena.

That's a productive break
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Nice point Bird .. im guessing Fox Creek family. If you have em in your area

​​​​​​
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice one...
          Floridaboy.

Comment

It looks like it has a Square base like a Savannah River point and they sharpened those S.R. points down a bunch and discarded them when they were no longer useful for a knife. Just something to think on.
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• HBird
              HBird commented
              Editing a comment
              It almost resembles a Meadowood blade but if I wish I was half as good at identifying them as I am finding them. Lol

• willjo
              willjo commented
              Editing a comment
              Meadowood blades in Overstreet is a side notched Bevel point, may be different where you are looking,

• HBird
              HBird commented
              Editing a comment
              Meadowood blades are described the same way on Projectile Points. I should have read the description instead of just looking at a picture that showed a bunch of them that were un-notched. Well it turns out the picture was of a cache find and after doing a little bit of research it was very common for them to be found in caches in-notched

I was looking on Projectile Points site for my area
            Warren County New Jersey

Comment

Working...
            X