One of my best hunts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my best hunts!

I posted this in another topic and wanted to add it here. Hope you all enjoy. Pictured is the best 1/2 hour in my hunting history. 120 Glass trade beads of 28 varieties, One ceramic elbow pipe stem, 1 small fragment of a ceramic pipe, 1 small fragment of a stone pipe, 3 Brass bells, 2 small pieces of a Brass bucket, And 1 small badly smashed Ceramic pottery vessel. The Pict. of the pot you can see the remainder of the beads still in the bottom of the pot. Oh and some flakes of charcoal. And 1 charred corn kernel. The last pict is of the Kernel. All in about a half hour. You see the plow brought all this this up. Same site as the 4 effigy pot. NOTE,The following saturday I watched as the farm owner dig up two whole ceramic Elbow Pipes from the same Spot. That day I had to be one of the luckiest Artifact hunters.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mattern; 09-24-2020, 06:46 PM. Reason: Bad reference.
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

A great day Kim, Are those what’s called Hawk bells used for hunting,?
    Floridaboy.

Comment

P.s. I have had trouble photographing whole frames with many or small items,, try a couple of closeups per frame, maybe get more in focus pics. Imo.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Gorges View Post
        P.s. I have had trouble photographing whole frames with many or small items,, try a couple of closeups per frame, maybe get more in focus pics. Imo.
        I think most will call them Hawk bells. You know I never asked the big guys what they professionally call them. I will try some close ups tomorrow. Thanks Hal you always have great things to say to everyone who posts. Kim

Comment

That is indeed a good day!
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

That looks to be a fun hunt but also agree with Tom
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Thank you all. I apologise to everyone. I made corrections. I won't make that mistake again. Kim

Comment

That's a great half hour of fun!
                North Carolina

Comment

Wow Kin that’s a lot off grabs for a 1/2 hour what a hot spot .
                  lucky

Comment

Kim thats cool. . gonna be hard to beat that hunt!!
                    SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                    X