• crescent

i figure this to be a crescent.
    Utah

Utah

Comment

Nice find congrats love that obsidian
      NWOhio

Comment

Cant confirm or deny but what I can say is that is a nice grab that has had 2ndary work to it. Still looks sharp also. Nice artifact regardless of its intent...ancient human hands touched it...great find...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Really nice. Crescent-like, but maybe not realized enough to name it so. I've never found or even seen (outside of books) a western paleo crescent so not sure the parameters of their form, but you are in the right zone, it is the right material and it's got a distinct bend. Like it plenty.
          California

Comment

It's a nice looking artifact I'm not from your area and don't have crescents for say but do have knifes and scrapers. Crescent artifacts are shaped like a half moon from what I remember seeing them in books but it's a nice cutting tool.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

You might want to look into a lamice scraper. Looks similar to that. "Slug" scraper. Was just discussing this form with Cecilia today.
              Central Ohio

Comment

Nice find 👌
                🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Can't help with type but that is a nice relic
                  Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Nice find it has the general shape of a Lunate Crescent but with the bend I think it ended up a nice scraper.

Comment

I can't say if it's a crescent or not, but I can say that you hav a very nice scraper.
                      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

ya I'm kinda on the fence as well.
                        Utah

Comment

Nice Find. It’s a Uniface’ Scrapper with a bit of a Crescent shape.

Comment

Very nice find. Love tools. Thanks for sharing
                            Central KY (Frankfort)

Comment

smbore, Where found? Paleo camp, dry lake, etc might hint on it a little more. Like others have stated above, its has a decent Crescent shape but its not a true bifacial Crescent. That's not to say if found on a Paleo camp it might have been used in the same manner as a Crescent. Though it looks more like a tool/scraper to me too.

Comment

• smbore
                                smbore commented
                                Editing a comment
                                found by an ancient dryed up lake.

• Pointblank
                                Pointblank commented
                                Editing a comment
                                smbore, It very well then could be a unifaced Crescent and had been used as a Crescent was used. Its just not finished in the sense that I'd be able to say for sure. The unifacial Crescents I've found still have enough finish work to be able to tell they are Crescents.
                            Working...
                            X